Scam by using a PO box to send a cheap item not ordered without identifying who it is from

lowack
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a camping chair and bag for $26.00.  Months later, I received a miniature camping chair bag from <removed>.  The vendor of this package was not identified anywhere on the package.   When I put in a claim for not receiving the camping chair, PayPal denied my claim, stating the vendor showed proof of me receiving the item.  The tracking number was the same as the miniature version of a camping bag I received from the CA post office box.   This is a scam used by several scammers and they use the same post office box.  If you google the PO box, you will see the scam.  PayPal has closed my claim not in my favor.  What recourse do I have?

Login to Me Too
51 REPLIES 51

HMan2
New Community Member

Just wanted to say we had the same problem. No place to return or get refund. Lesson learned I hope!

Login to Me Too

Pfitbp
Contributor
Contributor

Same here   4 Months ago I remember ordering folding chairs with sun covers. Don't really remember how I paid for them. I received two very small bags made from chair fabric.  Just stuffed in a mailing envelope from <removed> What a rip off.

Login to Me Too

cagood
Contributor
Contributor
I received a package with the return P.O box from Rosemead, CA as well. It is a mail fraud scam. Please contact the Postal Inspector generals office and file a mail fraud report. I filed and was asked that if I knew of others to ask them to do the same.
Login to Me Too

JMW39

Just had this happen to me.  Ordered said: OnlineStore  <removed>
I got taken once before by a scam and I said “NEVER” again but I got scammed again.  If it looks too good to be true. Pass on by.

Login to Me Too

JMW39

Happened to me. 

Login to Me Too

H52964
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same problem, I keep receiving cheap stuff I didn’t order from the same address and I don’t have any idea how to stop this , any idea?
Login to Me Too

Pocopoo1

<removed> Rosemead, Ca. <removed> never ordered the item

Login to Me Too

Ha-ha345
Thank you. I will report them as well.
Login to Me Too

gjhoulihan
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, I fell for this scam too. Bought some coins and I received something totally different from what was advertised. Classic bait and switch. They were shipped from the same PO box in Rosemead, CA.  Seller offered a partial refund and when I refused, they offered a full refund if I sent the scam coins back to some crazy Chinese address that I cannot even begin to translate or figure out how to mail to. Paypal was of no help, they said I must send them back to wherever they tell me to within 8 days or the case will be closed with no recourse.  They are enabling these companies to effectively scam buyers by making it difficult and expensive to get a refund. When this dispute is over, I will be cancelling my Paypal account. I have a feeling if I dispute this with my card company then they will say the transaction is between them and Paypal and therefore, valid. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.