Scam by MCGUIRE SHOP from China

2020henry
Contributor
Contributor

The shop posted an ad, a children's toy for a very good price. I bought it via PayPal. They send me a box with a ring for a value of less than $2.  How will Paypal help me get my money back?

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

Becky653
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered two sun loungers from them and also got sent a cheap ring 😡
Login to Me Too

2020henry
Contributor
Contributor

Be careful of the following address  <removed> This people is a scam.

I am sorry that happened to you. Was PayPal able to get your money back?

Login to Me Too

Marlon_Brando
Contributor
Contributor

Me too did you get a full refund from PayPal?

Login to Me Too

Becky653
Contributor
Contributor
I have reported to PayPal and am waiting to hear back from them
Login to Me Too

Marlon_Brando
Contributor
Contributor

I paid $47.96 USD for a 12V Electric Ride-On Jeep and got this worthless piece of junk instead

IMG_20200803_150453.jpg

This is what I ordered (pic from McGuire Shop)

12V Electric Children's Four-wheel Drive Car (1).jpg

Login to Me Too

Yozzer1
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered the same in may and a cheap ring arrived today but no money's taken as yet if money comes out I will list a dispute
Login to Me Too

2020henry
Contributor
Contributor

We are denying your case(s)

We received the case(s) you filed on 23 June 2020

We have reviewed this transaction(s) and are denying your case(s).

The decision was made based upon the details provided for this case. We were unable to determine any fault in this situation.

We're sorry for any problems you may have experienced with the transaction(s).
Transaction details
Case ID PP-D-72732861
Transaction amount $47.96 USD
Dispute amount $47.96 USD
Transaction ID 1F6529417B035422G
Transaction date 9 May 2020

Login to Me Too

lp7921
New Community Member

I had the exact same issue. I ordered 2 ATV's back in May. Never received a tracking, wrote to the "company" 3 times and never received a response. I opened up a claim with Pay Pal. Of course once a claim was open then they replied and sent the tracking information and then my case was closed. It took one month to receive the tracking number and then an additional 2 months to receive my items. Well low and behold, when I went to the mail box, it wasn't 2 electric ATV's, it was a cheap gold ring with a price tag on it for $128. I realized at that moment that I had been scammed.  What is ridiculous is trying to get a hold of any live person to actually be able to speak to someone regarding this issue. I re-opened the case again stating the item received was not as described. McGuire Shop had until September 5th to respond and if they didn't, I would get a full refund. Well of course they responded. They agreed to issue a refund if I returned the item by September 11th.  First off there is not way that the item will be returned to them by then as they are located in China and secondly if I do ship it back (which I wont cause I'll be out more money) they will deny having even received it and I will be **bleep** yet again. I have no idea what to do. I am pretty frustrated and PayPal is not helping. I think from now on, I will not be purchasing anything through pay pal as this whole process has been very frustrating.  Be aware of the company McGuire Shop, its' a scam!!!! I should have known better that an 12V Electric ATV for $39.97 US was to good to be true! 

Login to Me Too

Yozzer1
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal should stop there account and not send them anything they should realise that McGuire shops are conning people as there has been a lot of complaints to PayPal about these scammers McGuire shops
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.