Scam by Asian Company advertised on Face Book.

Cerise121
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a pair of Follio Boots for $55.24 that were suppose to be all leather. The company also said they guaranteed satisfaction and returns. When I received the boots they were so small I could not get my foot into them! They also were fake leather and so poorly made the threads were loose. When I tr contacted the company to return them, they said it would cost me more to return them to Asia then the boots cost! The boots were shipped from CA! They would only return me $16.57 of my $55.24. Do NOT order anything that is on FB they are all mostly from China and rip offs! I thought PayPal stood behind the merchandise but they do not. Not sure the advantage of using PayPal.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Insignia3D
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @Cerise121 ,

Thanks for your query, encountering a scam is a scary and worrying thing but PayPal issue you buyer protection where you can file a claim on the transaction as not received and all you do from there is upload additional information on the claim to prove its a fraud.

You can find this by visiting the resolution centre.

Thanks

Harley

If you found this helpful, give me a kudo!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Cerise121 and @Insignia3D,

Thank you for your post. I am sorry to hear that you have run into an issue with an item that was not as it was described. Please take a look at the return shipping reimbursement option, to recover some of the expense of returning the item.

Thank you, @Insignia3D for your assistance. I'm afraid that it would not be appropriate to open a claim for Non-receipt for an item that was received. Only the correct claim type should be used to prevent difficulty in the claim process.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

aokart

Olivia, Just for a heads up, the same bait and switch happened with me as I ordered a monocular. They sent a cheap monocular that did not look the same, and totally not what I ordered. I contacted PayPal and started a dispute. This is a huge problem for buyers and PayPal is somewhat complacent in allowing these type of companies using your services for these transactions called, bait and switch, a lose lose for the buyer. PayPal gets their money, the crooked shell company gets their money and the buyer bites it. This is how it works. You purchase an item and they send a cheap knockoff. Next you start a claim as you want your money back for the item. They send an offer that you can agree to if you only want a partial refund. I refused it as I wanted my money back. You receive an address with mixed Chinese writing in it that has to be deciphered. Then you take it to the shipping company and find that the 12 ounce package is going to cost you $105. dollars for shipping.  They do not want their goods returned because its not profitable. I contacted PayPal and was told I could possibly be reimbursed for some of the shipping, possibly does not cut it when you would be in the hole for $164. dollars for a $3.00 item that they bait and switched to begin with. Then I was left with sending the item out and losing more  money or letting PayPal close the case and give the crooked seller a thumbs up. Bad business that should not be allowed.  I will not be purchasing with PayPal again as you just don't have your buyers backs but you certainly have bad sellers. Please forward this to the decision makers. Art <removed>

Login to Me Too

Betsnik
I ordered a Rock Tumbler. The package took 45 days to arrive. I got the notification that it had been delivered. They sent a cheap ring that looks like it belongs in a bubble gum machine. They offered me 50% of a refund because it would be "too costly" to ship back. They suggested I try to sell it or give it as a gift. I escalated the transaction to PayPal... we will see what they do. I always thought that PayPal was a stand-up company until I read these complaints.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.