Scam buyer on Depop

Harriet2000xx
Contributor
Contributor
Sold a lady a too faced palette from Depop (originally brought from tkmaxx) the lady received this and is now claiming it’s fake and that I have to refund her now for the palette price and the price for her to send it back when she’s “not ill” she’s now threatened to open a case to say it’s fake , any idea how this case will go ? I have the bank statement proof of purchase
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Harriet2000xx 

If she opens a dispute for non receipt of item then you would probably win as long as you had a tracking number that proved delivery of the tiem to the buyer (proof of postage is not normally trackable proof of delivery).

However if she opens a dispute for item received but not as described and can't provide paypal with proof its fake from a company that makes or sells the item then if they do decide in her favour she would have to return the item back to you at her own expense (trackable) to prove delivery back to you before she gets a refund and thats ONLY if paypal find in her favour, they may not do.

Just make sure you put as much information in the dispute phase via messages to the buyer before either you or her escalate to a claim. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.