Scam buyer demanding refund but not returning goods?

Chickster
New Community Member
I think this usually happens the other way around., anyway I'm a private seller on eBay aka someone that sells stuff to free up space occasionally. Been on it for eons and have a good rating. Also buy quite a bit. So I sold some very nice unworn designer shoes that don't fit me on eBay to a US buyer (I'm from the UK). Postage was expensive and I think she paid about $10 tax too. Tracked delivery of course! Well packaged in a shoe box. I heard nothing until one day I looked at PayPal and she's opened a dispute! They have take the money from my account (frozen it) and I responded thinking it was a scarf I sold - found out it was the shoes but can't add to the response. She's given no information apart from three words in the claim. Has been an eBay member since this July, has not contacted me via eBay and has most certainly not returned the shoes! I'm amazed this is allowed. Is it because I'm not a business seller? It seems like a scam to me. No reason other than 'not as described'. No contact. No photo (though by now she could make one up). I can only assume they don't fit her and rather than sell them on she wants a refund. And then to sell them on. Probably too expensive to return them. She's even asking for the refund INCLUDING tax! Any ideas anyone?
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.