Scam Suspected

Graga
Contributor
Contributor

I have recently received an invoice from Digitech Solutions saying that they had renewed my 2 year membership for $199.99USD . The only product I use from them is a calender app which I would not pay $99 a year for when there are free ones avaiable. They say they have deducted the payment as it is an automated system but it is not showing up in any accounts hence that is why I looked in Paypal. 3 days later I get the same invoice. I can't reply to their email and when finding their website and going to the contact us link I get a 405-HTTP Verb used....is not allowed. The other strange thing is the sender is Digitel Solutions and a private name .Why wouldn't they use their website domain name. This thing is stressing me out. Hopefully someone has answers.

Login to Me Too
73 REPLIES 73

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Graga 

Check if you had a subscription set up...
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PUR7
Contributor
Contributor

thank you - it's not there, so hopefully they will not change the account. 

Login to Me Too

ann_sydney
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry - all these things you are describing - blue band etc - where are they?

I don't really understand our solution because all I have is an email in my Yahoo inbox.

None of the stuff you mentioned is to be found...?

thanks

Login to Me Too

Graga
Contributor
Contributor

The "blue band" is the header band on the PayPal website pages when you log in. 

BTW the best thing to do is ignore the scammers entirely. They never got a cent out of me!

Login to Me Too

MaggieMJ
New Community Member
I had the same scam. What do I do?
Login to Me Too

EMTrufant
Contributor
Contributor
I called them and told them that I don't have a personal computer at home. I referred them to my IT at work and they said they were cancelling my account. LOL.
Login to Me Too

tarafick1965
Contributor
Contributor

I am same. I have no personal computer, but work with my companies equipment from home. I told him to cancel if there's a subscription and he insisted that the only way was to "type in this www address" 

NOPE

Don't do it. It's a phish to get into your computer and your bank account

Login to Me Too

JLM661
New Community Member
I also just received this email I definitely did not sign up to this company. It makes me feel sick I just hope nobody has had any money taken
Login to Me Too

Barb2525

They got into my computer and I saw them moving money around in my bank accounts. They took 40,000  out of my savings and then put it in my checking. They stated they accidentally put 40,000 in my account and wanted me to pay them back. I had to change all my accounts. What ever you do, don't call them to cancel anything. That's how they get in your computer.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.