Scam Seller

darkslayer1
New Community Member

I bought an item from pccomponentspro.online, they have invalid numbers to call on the phone and all the emails that are there are not valid. The tracking was provided in the resolution center from the seller and PayPal closed my case, Upon reviewing the tracking.. my package was sent to the wrong address and was in 3 parts when I ordered 1 thing. 

I called UPS and they told me that it was a fraudulent tracking number and that I needed help from paypal, I tried to re-open the case but paypal's website won't allow me to re-open the case. 

I called paypal and their customer service center is closed due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. 
I currently have no way to resolve this and I think the scam seller knows I can't do anything about it either. 

I spent $149.99 for a motherboard on this site. 
They **bleep** me over and I have proof but I cannot get in touch with anyone to help me. 

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

RickyMo
Contributor
Contributor

This scammer "Dinh <removed>" has taken $250 from me too. I bought off his website <removed> because google recommended it to me when i was searching for a cpu and motherboard. I was only going to save $30 from his website instead of using <removed> but since google recommended it, i thought it was a reputable company. He gave me a fraudulent tracking number which stated my item had been delivered at 1.8 pounds, which i knew couldn't be right since the motherboard alone weighed almost 3 pounds, so i opened a case in the paypal resolution center. At that point, Dinh Van Dong added a second tracking number to make it appear like they sent my products in 2 packages. But the hilarious part is when you search the second tracking number information, that one still wasn't even 2 pounds... I know paypal doesn't employ detectives but COME ON!!!! Paypal still closed my case in his favor because he had tracking numbers so he gets to keep my money... for now.

Anyways I'm not ready to let this guy rest easy, so I google his name with the word "scam" and found out he has several other fake websites where he takes advantage of other shoppers.  His name popped up on a bad review for <removed> which is one of his other fraudulent websites where he supposedly sells clothing. If search <removed> there are 18 reviews by angry customers who all received fraudulent tracking numbers and no product, and his name is mentioned in a post by Kelly <removed>. If you go to their facebook page "superamazingstar" there are also 10+ reviews of people he has taken money from. All of these transactions are being charged through paypal, so they must have hundreds of open cases for this account... how has nobody at paypal looked into, or deactivated his account?!?!!?

<removed> is the next website of Dinh <removed>'s. If you look at this link to a paypal community thread, you'll find 23 aditional comments by people who have been scammed by this person. https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Payments/I-was-scammed-what-do-I-do/td-p/2210550

In this thread, I uncovered by reading a post written by Joyful690 that Dinh  <removed> has another fraudulent website named <removed> This is clearly a very well thought out scam but hopefully someone can put a stop to him sooner than later.

And while I write this complaint, I just stumbled apon yet another fake website of his. <removed> just go ahead and look at this review another unlucky shopper placed on <removed> This guy ordered from one of his websites and the tracking number he received said that his purchase was delivered the same day he ordered it.... HOW CAN PAYPAL LET THIS HAPPEN?!?! It was supposed to protect us, not protect the scam artists.

These are just a few of the aliases I found that this fraud uses: Dinh <removed>, Tran <removed>, Nguyen <removed>

Look Paypal, I just did all the research work for you. Please help get all these innocent consumers their money back and we'll continue to support your business.

Login to Me Too

FU_Gretchen
Contributor
Contributor

same issue here for 164.99 

Login to Me Too

stewood
New Community Member

Same issue, $230. Paypal this need to be addressed now.

Login to Me Too

skyrocket777
Contributor
Contributor

Same **bleep**. They scamed me $110 for a motherborad. Paypal need take some actions to get back the money and suspend their accounts... nasty mtfks

Login to Me Too

cworrel
New Community Member

I would like to share our experience with pccomponentspro.online this site appears to be an online retailer of computer goods with generally competitive prices. However, my son ordered a motherboard for his PC build and used Paypal to complete the transaction. He received a shipping notification and tracking number for a UPS shipment. The shipment showed it was scheduled for delivery on July 9, 2020 and my son was anticipating the delivery. Just after 7:00 pm he receives a delivery notice and he looks outside of the front door and no package? We pull up video from our camera system and doorbell camera and there was not only not a delivery but there was no UPS truck on our street within 2 hours of the delivery notice. He notifies UPS who directs him to contact the seller and he does immediately and he waits. By Monday July 11, 2020 he has still not received a response from pccomponentspro.online so he opens a case with PayPal and I am not sure how they accomplished this but the Paypal dispute was immediately dismissed stating that the package was delivered. We continued to try to contact the seller and my son disputed the transaction on his debit card as well. My wife spoke with the UPS driver and explained the situation and he asked her to get the tracking number and he would try to help with it the next day. So today July 16, 2020 she gives him the tracking number and he was able to confirm that the package was shipped to a different address not ours but still in San Antonio so the confirmation number shows delivered San Antonio, TX but due to privacy it will not show the specific address. So pccomponentspro.online will take your money and ship a random package to the same city to get proof of delivery and will not return calls or emails and their phone number is a google voice number. And PayPal will deny the claim because they are being provided fraudulent delivery confirmation provided by pccomponentspro.online which just reinforces my disdain for PayPal they have continued over and over to support these fraudulent businesses.

So do yourself a favor no matter how good the deal looks do not buy anything from pccomponentspro.online you might as well just burn the money in the street. And PayPal buyer protection apparently won't help you either I have never seen a case denied so fast I think the scammers have figured out how to scam PayPal as well

Login to Me Too

skyrocket777
Contributor
Contributor

This *bleep*. I have the same experience.....Paypal need to take some actions to figure this out otherwise dis *bleep* will keeping doing that *bleep*.....such nasty tricks

Login to Me Too

bmactara
Contributor
Contributor

Oh, great. I just ordered a cpu from them, I'm guessing I'm not going to get that?

I'll update this if I do I guess. 

Login to Me Too

bmactara
Contributor
Contributor

Update: They tried the same scam - shipped a random 5lb box to somewhere in the same town, what UPS informed me is you have to call them and while they cannot and will not tell you to who or where it is shipping, they can tell you who it is NOT shipping to, aka they could confirm for me that the package was never addressed to my name or address.  They provided an email confirming this in writing, i opened a dispute with Paypal and provided the email screenshots, and paypal provided a refund. The confirmation from UPS or Fedex or USPS is essential.

Login to Me Too

borahborah
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a bed through a website called Kiwashop.net on Aug 7, but only ever received the PayPal confirmation, which shows Dinh Van Dong as the recipient. I never received any confirmation from that site, although I was still able to log on and see my order was "pending." After 10 days, I decided to try to the email on the site to check the status and it bounced back. So I emailed the address on their PayPal and then the website looks to be no longer working. I have just opened a dispute, and included screenshots I took luckily before the site was gone. 😔
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.