Scam -Seller sending out goods that is different to ordered

Bmac5
New Community Member

smartdeal 66 and go under different names. Send goods after long time not receiving and get cheap plastic straighteners instead of what i ordered. Only find out address of seller after they request you return the goods you got and again will cost the buyer more expense. Very upsetting they get away with this. Seller Duo Tongguang Electronic Commerce. <removed> shenzhen, guangdong CN. Address maybe given to u bit different or give themselves a different seller address but please do not buy from these as scam you out of your money

Login to Me Too
102 REPLIES 102

michaelwicks54
Contributor
Contributor

Cancelled my order with company making the teddy dog, & got a full refund straight away. I apologize to this company, thinking they were just like Zoomall & oosykt.  Clearly, there are some companies who advertise on FB games that are genuine, but unfortunately, these scammers have put me off making purchases in the future. Will NEVER use PayPal again either as they are just as bad as the scammers. (Very good at ripping people off).

Login to Me Too

Jinny3
Contributor
Contributor

If PayPal decides against you, then you can appeal against that decision. That's what I did and I was refunded.

when you appeal, then someone is selected to investigate your case throughly.

Dont give up hope, the truth will come out.

Login to Me Too

michaelwicks54
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Jinny3, though I do not hold much hope of being able to get an appeal, unless the financial ombudsman can force the issue. Every time I have tried, I am blocked from putting in the appeal. It seems like PayPal do not want me to get my money back. They are on the scammers side. May just put it down to a bad experience & just walk away, as it is causing me far too much stress, which I do not need with my health problems.

Login to Me Too

Minimilo
Contributor
Contributor
True, but you have to jump thru hoops. Claim, denial, appeal. It's just ridiculous. PayPal sides more with the seller than the purchaser.
Login to Me Too

brankko
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem.

Contacted seller, they gave me address to return the item which I had to pay extra.

They could not refund it before it arrive back.

When it arrived back it was already more than 180 days since transaction so PayPal denied my refund because of their policy.

It's a clear scam.

Login to Me Too

Jinny3
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to amend my first reply. I did get refunded the first time I was scammed after I appealed to PayPal but the second time I got scammed I was told I would be refunded after I returned the item in a around 10 days to China and PayPal supplied me with an address all in Chinese which is unacceptable at the post office, when I asked for the address to be translated they closed my case.

Login to Me Too

Iris2015
Contributor
Contributor
I got the same in Chinese but the email had it in English. Parcel posted 28 October Paypal also paying for return shipping
Login to Me Too

Rue6687
Contributor
Contributor
I just had the same happen to me! I refused 3 separate paltry refund offers & as I hadn't received the goods I ordered as the quality was laughable & an insult, I, on principle now got PayPal involved on a dispute with them. However I too was offered a full refund only if I returned the item at my expense & only if they say they received it! I didn't know that the Post Office wouldn't accept it, as I didn't entertain the idea of paying a minimum of £16.99 to return it, the items weren't worth a fiver, so even if I'd got my refund (big IF!) it would have only been £20, so not worth my time & energy! The only option open to me as I didn't 'upload the tracking no.' was to cancel the case!! Another win for the scammers, well done PayPal! 😠
Login to Me Too

angryfrank
Contributor
Contributor

Too bad we can't get some good legal team to do a class action lawsuit against PayPal for what they are doing to everyone that trusts them to protect the consumers only to end up being scammed by them and these shady companies selling junk.

Login to Me Too

Minimilo
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered lifelike doggies too. I still haven't received them.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.