Scam -Seller sending out goods that is different to ordered

Bmac5
New Community Member

smartdeal 66 and go under different names. Send goods after long time not receiving and get cheap plastic straighteners instead of what i ordered. Only find out address of seller after they request you return the goods you got and again will cost the buyer more expense. Very upsetting they get away with this. Seller Duo Tongguang Electronic Commerce. <removed> shenzhen, guangdong CN. Address maybe given to u bit different or give themselves a different seller address but please do not buy from these as scam you out of your money

Login to Me Too
102 REPLIES 102

Grubb74
Contributor
Contributor

thats good to know. I have two disputes going and about to cancel my PayPal because they are not helping me get a refund from both companies that have fraudulently sold completely different items than what have been advertised.

Login to Me Too

joannwellon

I tried the same with Discover, and wish I had gotten the same response, but they would not help me.

Login to Me Too

Nana_52
I ordered a realistic pomeranian puppy for my granddaughter & received a stuffed Siberia Husky..It's ridiculous!!
Login to Me Too

Sean379
Contributor
Contributor

I also had the same problem, unfortunately I don't think there is any way to warn people in advance. My purchase was a product called Shy little fox and I have seen several other websites advertising this product - same images and description. The website that I ordered from has removed the content and no longer exists. It took 2 months from ordering until the product arrived and instead of it being a realistic handmade articulated fox with fur, glass eyes etc standing 58cm tall and 94cm long, I received a small hollow rubber fox that stood about 15 cm tall that I could hold in the palm of my hand.

Login to Me Too

Deborahselleck
Contributor
Contributor
Wow that is really bizarre! I ordered two felt cat caves made by hand and o got two circles of fabric that I had to zip together. It was like a child had made them. And it probably eas😐
Login to Me Too

Jinny3
Contributor
Contributor

I am convinced that Shengsx and Duo Tongguang electronic commercial are the same people, or they are working together.

I ordered a hair curler from Shengsx and I got a toy hair straightener.

I then ordered a reborn life like monkey, supposedly 22" poseable, real hugs, cloth body etc; what I got was a hard plastic 5" hairy, but shedding monkey. The advertising photos were stolen from The Bradford Exchange used for a product they are selling called Annabelle. These people are criminals and should be prosecuted.

My first case against Shengsx for the hair curlers went in their favour because their argued that the item had been tracked.

I appealed and I got a refund. The second case regarding the monkey is still ongoing and the decission date keeps changing.

I hope eBay are holding a full scale investigation and scammers like this are kicked off eBay and prosecuted for fraud.

Login to Me Too

kgannelli71
New Community Member

I keep getting told that there are supposed to be "differences" I was supposed to get a life like husky mix dog. Same idea. Got a carnival stuffed animal. They said the best I can do is send it back at my cost then they can issue a refund. I don't trust it as they already scammed my credit card once.

Login to Me Too

michaelwicks54
Contributor
Contributor

I know the feeling Kgnannelli71. I have been told the same thing when I purchased a telescope from a chinese company.  They say send it back though it will cost 30US$  & we will give a full refund if the package arrives in china undamaged. We as customers have got to pay for damaged packaging should the handlers not handle it correctly. Just proves they are scammers. Honest companies would never treat their customers like this.   Something needs to be done about these companies & PayPal for allowing them to sell the items in the first place. Us customers deserve better protection.

Login to Me Too

Iris2015
Contributor
Contributor
I have just sent a parcel back to China. I took photos of the parcel and shipping receipt and sent them to PayPal. If the seller says it was damaged then Paypal know what it was like when you sent it.
Login to Me Too

Iris2015
Contributor
Contributor
I have been able to claim my return shipping back through paypal
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.