Scam -Seller sending out goods that is different to ordered

Bmac5
New Community Member

smartdeal 66 and go under different names. Send goods after long time not receiving and get cheap plastic straighteners instead of what i ordered. Only find out address of seller after they request you return the goods you got and again will cost the buyer more expense. Very upsetting they get away with this. Seller Duo Tongguang Electronic Commerce. <removed> shenzhen, guangdong CN. Address maybe given to u bit different or give themselves a different seller address but please do not buy from these as scam you out of your money

Login to Me Too
102 REPLIES 102

Iris2015
Contributor
Contributor
I found if you call Paypal you get better results. If they are busy they call you back in a few minutes. When I complained about return shipping they said I could claim that also up to 8 times a year.
Login to Me Too

purple2273

Maybe everyone that has been scammed and Paypal didn't protect should open a class action against them

Login to Me Too

Sissel1
Contributor
Contributor
I agree - very disappointed in PayPalp
Login to Me Too

DitzyBeth
Contributor
Contributor
When we order and purchace to pay, does PayPal know. I think it's automatic until paypal gets so many complaints. Then the sellers change names and websites and LTD so it would be hard to keep up with them in China. I don't know but I've noticed with one scam that I ordered there was so many more ads by different sites for same scam.
Login to Me Too

scerri2000
Contributor
Contributor
I've had the same issue Don't order from puweiclothi. Disgusting.
Login to Me Too

ThomMitchell

I called PayPal and they took care of creating the dispute for me and will have a resolution by Dec 14, or will close the dispute in my favor and return the moneys to my account. Give it a try. 😁

Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

ADon2
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem with this seller and Paypal are closing my dispute even wit me getting a refund

Login to Me Too

John84501
Contributor
Contributor
I was defrauded as well.
Login to Me Too

Rue6687
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered 2 supposedly lifelike shark toys for my 4 year old grandson, "buy one get one free." Total joke, they both should have been free! Absolutely nothing like the advert & such cheap tat, extremely disappointed & the so called 'nothing but Chinese symbols' company has no contact details..... what a surprise! 😡😡😡 Sick & tired of being scammed! Hopefully Paypal will sort it but they have also let me down in the past! 🤷🏻‍♀️
Login to Me Too

Genieb555
Contributor
Contributor

I resorted to calling my charge card company. They refunded my money when PayPal did nothing.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.