Scam -Seller sending out goods that is different to ordered

Bmac5
New Community Member

smartdeal 66 and go under different names. Send goods after long time not receiving and get cheap plastic straighteners instead of what i ordered. Only find out address of seller after they request you return the goods you got and again will cost the buyer more expense. Very upsetting they get away with this. Seller Duo Tongguang Electronic Commerce. <removed> shenzhen, guangdong CN. Address maybe given to u bit different or give themselves a different seller address but please do not buy from these as scam you out of your money

Login to Me Too
102 REPLIES 102

DitzyBeth
Contributor
Contributor
I have been offered little change like too. I refused. PayPal paid me in full. And told me to keep what was sent. Maybe I was a lucky one. I've been refunded so far on all my China purchases/orders. I let PayPal know everything. I explain all in my dispute. But this last one I didnt pay attention to my purchase order. Shame on me and the Scammer. China got me but I'm trying to send back for refund. With luck. Humm
Login to Me Too

DitzyBeth
Contributor
Contributor
I'm with you on a class action law suit. I'll sign . I know nothing to start one. I hate China manufacturing and Covid.
Login to Me Too

toddm2
Contributor
Contributor

Report both the seller, and Paypal to your states attorney general.   Also if you used a credit card through paypal dispute the charge to paypal through your credit card company.   Paypal is being very complacent by enabling these fradulent scammers.    Even if you sent it back, what would happen is that the address they would give you in China would be wrong.  So then the seller can tell Paypal they never received the return item back and Paypal will find in their favor again anyway.

These scams have been going on for months, there's hundreds of posts both here and on other sites (Nest/Google is a popular site they spoof) even the BBB has had articles/reports of this exact scam manipulating Paypal's policies to fraudulently take advantage of buyers. It's hard to believe Paypal is so incompetent they are not aware of it, yet they are still allowing these scammers to work their policies while buyers are victims. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.