Scam -Seller sending out goods that is different to ordered

Bmac5
New Community Member

smartdeal 66 and go under different names. Send goods after long time not receiving and get cheap plastic straighteners instead of what i ordered. Only find out address of seller after they request you return the goods you got and again will cost the buyer more expense. Very upsetting they get away with this. Seller Duo Tongguang Electronic Commerce. <removed> shenzhen, guangdong CN. Address maybe given to u bit different or give themselves a different seller address but please do not buy from these as scam you out of your money

Login to Me Too
102 REPLIES 102

Genieb555
Contributor
Contributor

Cancel!!!  I just received my teddy dog and it’s a $6.00 stuffed animal. No contact info for them. Filled out a PayPal report only to be told to contact company directly. I thought PayPal was suppose to protect us.

Login to Me Too

Iris2015
Contributor
Contributor
I also ordered the realistic teddy dog it’s a cheap piece of junk. Put in a dispute and finally getting full refund if I return to China. Rang Paypal re shipping cost $22.25 au and told I can claim that also so have sent info to them.
Login to Me Too

DitzyBeth
Contributor
Contributor
I'm new to PayPal, 9 months. Scammed 4 times out of 9. I'm expecting more as coming in. PayPay has backed me everytime. Refunded, no complaints from me with paypal. I only wish I knew if I was ordering from China before I paid
Login to Me Too

corrina4u
Contributor
Contributor

Please help me I just got scammed by the same seller thank-you Marilyn Scott

Login to Me Too

michele40
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem. I ordered 8 ceramic human skull for a fire pit for $25.00. Was to be delivered in 7-14 days, instead 21 days later I received a 3" plastic skull. When I contacted the seller they said all they could do was give me $5 back even though the site claimed 100% satisfaction guarantee.  Since I ordered I have not been able to find the website again, I did find an identical one with same pictures & offer & a week later it was gone too. They are a complete fraud.

Login to Me Too

PoakChop
Contributor
Contributor

@michele40 I had the same issue with the ceramic skulls. PayPal has constructed the dispute resolution process in the seller's favor but I am closing in on a resolution with the seller/PayPal. Stick with it!

Login to Me Too

michaelwicks54
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the encouragement Poachop. I will certainly be pursuing it. Will just have to wait to see what the financial ombudsman say about it, as I have placed the case in their hands. Hopefully, I will have an answer from them by the end of next week. I will not let these scammers & PayPal get away with this. Even if it means I do not get my refund, & a few of you do, then that will be a victory for me.    Regards.

Login to Me Too

hl2104
Contributor
Contributor

thank you Michael. I lost $57. and my dispute was denied by Paypal because seller sent me the incomplete return address in China that Fedex, UPS, usps not be able to ship them. I hope someone else will get refund someday.

Login to Me Too

Mi11ymilly
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having the same problem with them, and a lot of other people are too. There's another topic on here that's reached 6 pages of complaints from when they were called ourinspirelife (I just noticed in my claim that their name had changed) and I saw someone else mention they were going under swopply technology before that. PayPal's handling of this has been disgusting.
Login to Me Too

Mawpawtwins
Contributor
Contributor

I have fallen for the scams! I had 3 different orders to this company . The site on Facebook ad was called “Good4generationsZ” . Under Luckylife8. luckylife8 <removed>, Shenzhen, Guangdong 518100 CN I placed 3 different orders in 3 days. The dolls pictured were like reborn dolls . The nice dolls like you would get at Ashley Drake. When I got them they were dollar store cheap naked dolls. I am out over $120.00. When I seen the ad on Facebook, I thought, Man that’s a great price! Maybe this company is some kind of warehouse of overstock dolls. I bought the dolls for Christmas presents for my grandkids. They enjoyed picking out which ones they loved. Anyway , I did all the things emailed here and there , made a claim with PayPal. The seller wanted me to try and sell the dolls . They acted as if the merchandise was what I ordered. Then offered me a ridiculous low refund. I refuse and escalated my claim and then they wanted me too ship items back at my expense in which it would be about $60.00 to more dollars. ( I understand that PayPal May give me up to $ 30.00 back on shipping cost but I don’t know for sure if they will. I debated back and forth to ship back and they said they would give a full refund if I send back in time. The seller said that. I packaged the one package I opened back up and the other 2 orders I never opened. You can feel that it’s the same fraudulent items as the first package I opened. I lost sleep over this and debated back and forth if I was going to send the items back and take a chance even loosing more money. I checked the address above giving to me to send to but some of it differs from other address I found on the internet. Makes me think that even with tracking number the seller will say they didn’t receive it. It will go to twilight zone or be returned back to me and there I go again trying to get the items back to seller for full refund. When will it stop? I learned a valuable lesson not to trust Facebook ads ( to good to be true) and rely on PayPal for help. I was going to go to post office this morning and mail the items back because you can’t keep the items and get full refund too, they say, but I prayed about it and a saying came to my mind.... “Fool me once , shame on you. Fool me twice , shame on me”. So... if the seller scammed me once , they will assuredly scam me twice. If they were trustworthy in the first place , you would of gotten what was pictured and described. I hope this helps someone. Always check and check on a seller's info before buying. I bought from this company early on when the ads first came up on Facebook. There wasn’t much negative about them then until I purchased the dolls then it popped up everywhere that they were scammers And they keep changing the name of their sites.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.