cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam -Seller sending out goods that is different to ordered

Highlighted

Re: Scam -Seller sending out goods that is different to ordered

You are absolutely right! These China sellers are thieves!
Highlighted
Contributor

Yes it does seem to be a repeating pattern reading the comments on this topic. It seems to be organised fraud by a number of different companies. They piggyback on someone else’s advertising take the order and the money then produce a cheap reproduction of the item and go through the PayPal processes of shipping and tracking to make it seem legit. So we the customers are not the only ones defrauded. The original sellers are also defrauded of their sale. Pay Pal processes are flawed . Who owns PayPal and what are they going to do about it?
Highlighted
Contributor

Cancelled my order with company making the teddy dog, & got a full refund straight away. I apologize to this company, thinking they were just like Zoomall & oosykt.  Clearly, there are some companies who advertise on FB games that are genuine, but unfortunately, these scammers have put me off making purchases in the future. Will NEVER use PayPal again either as they are just as bad as the scammers. (Very good at ripping people off).

Highlighted
Contributor

If PayPal decides against you, then you can appeal against that decision. That's what I did and I was refunded.

when you appeal, then someone is selected to investigate your case throughly.

Dont give up hope, the truth will come out.

Highlighted
Contributor

Thank you Jinny3, though I do not hold much hope of being able to get an appeal, unless the financial ombudsman can force the issue. Every time I have tried, I am blocked from putting in the appeal. It seems like PayPal do not want me to get my money back. They are on the scammers side. May just put it down to a bad experience & just walk away, as it is causing me far too much stress, which I do not need with my health problems.

Highlighted

True, but you have to jump thru hoops. Claim, denial, appeal. It's just ridiculous. PayPal sides more with the seller than the purchaser.
Highlighted
Contributor

I have the same problem.

Contacted seller, they gave me address to return the item which I had to pay extra.

They could not refund it before it arrive back.

When it arrived back it was already more than 180 days since transaction so PayPal denied my refund because of their policy.

It's a clear scam.

Highlighted
Contributor

I would like to amend my first reply. I did get refunded the first time I was scammed after I appealed to PayPal but the second time I got scammed I was told I would be refunded after I returned the item in a around 10 days to China and PayPal supplied me with an address all in Chinese which is unacceptable at the post office, when I asked for the address to be translated they closed my case.

Highlighted
Contributor

I got the same in Chinese but the email had it in English. Parcel posted 28 October Paypal also paying for return shipping
Highlighted

I ordered lifelike doggies too. I still haven't received them.