cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam -Seller sending out goods that is different to ordered

Highlighted
New Community Member

Re: Scam -Seller sending out goods that is different to ordered

I keep getting told that there are supposed to be "differences" I was supposed to get a life like husky mix dog. Same idea. Got a carnival stuffed animal. They said the best I can do is send it back at my cost then they can issue a refund. I don't trust it as they already scammed my credit card once.

Highlighted
Contributor

I know the feeling Kgnannelli71. I have been told the same thing when I purchased a telescope from a chinese company.  They say send it back though it will cost 30US$  & we will give a full refund if the package arrives in china undamaged. We as customers have got to pay for damaged packaging should the handlers not handle it correctly. Just proves they are scammers. Honest companies would never treat their customers like this.   Something needs to be done about these companies & PayPal for allowing them to sell the items in the first place. Us customers deserve better protection.

Highlighted
Contributor

I have just sent a parcel back to China. I took photos of the parcel and shipping receipt and sent them to PayPal. If the seller says it was damaged then Paypal know what it was like when you sent it.
Highlighted
Contributor

I have been able to claim my return shipping back through paypal
Highlighted
Contributor

I do not trust any company that advertises on FB games any more. I have ordered a Realistic Teddy Dog from this company, & still not received it. Contacted them but no response. Have made a claim through PayPal resolution, but do not hold out much hope of getting my money back. Have another on-going claim for a full refund from another company, but do not hold out much hope with this either. I have contacted trading standard about these advertisers, who inform e that the proper authorities will be contacted & hopefully, get these scammers stopped once & for all. Sadly, we will never get our money back. 

Highlighted
Contributor

They copy all the advert from the original sellers of the product, then they post the same add under whatever name they are using at the time and offer the item for a much lower price. Then when they have all the buyers money in their PayPal account, they send the buyers a piece of rubbish and have it tracked so they have proof that they did send a parcel, even though it's not what the buyer ordered.

They are thieves.

if the add is posted by a reputable company and then the same add is repeatedly posted by by all the others for a fraction of the price should someone not be checking this out? When the same cases are opened for the same product, does that not ring any alarm bells? Sorry, but by all the others I am referring to some kind of Chinese ring of thieves. There, I have said it! And it's true. 

Highlighted
Contributor

I totally agree Jinny. PayPal should take some responsibility in this too, as they allow these scammers to steal our money. There is no protection from PayPal. I am taking them to the financial ombudsman about their lack of support to customers who have been scammed.  Hopefully, they will all face the music.

Highlighted
Contributor

Michael, did you appeal the decission?

Highlighted
Contributor

Hello Jinny3. I was not allowed to appeal, though did try several times. Have been forced to accept a 75% refund & keep a useless item. I will never purchase anything on-line again using PayPal. I certainly do not trust them

Highlighted

I agree. Well, I'll see how my dispute goes