Scam -Seller sending out goods that is different to ordered

Bmac5
New Community Member

smartdeal 66 and go under different names. Send goods after long time not receiving and get cheap plastic straighteners instead of what i ordered. Only find out address of seller after they request you return the goods you got and again will cost the buyer more expense. Very upsetting they get away with this. Seller Duo Tongguang Electronic Commerce. <removed> shenzhen, guangdong CN. Address maybe given to u bit different or give themselves a different seller address but please do not buy from these as scam you out of your money

Login to Me Too
102 REPLIES 102

michaelwicks54
Contributor
Contributor

I do not trust any company that advertises on FB games any more. I have ordered a Realistic Teddy Dog from this company, & still not received it. Contacted them but no response. Have made a claim through PayPal resolution, but do not hold out much hope of getting my money back. Have another on-going claim for a full refund from another company, but do not hold out much hope with this either. I have contacted trading standard about these advertisers, who inform e that the proper authorities will be contacted & hopefully, get these scammers stopped once & for all. Sadly, we will never get our money back. 

Login to Me Too

Jinny3
Contributor
Contributor

They copy all the advert from the original sellers of the product, then they post the same add under whatever name they are using at the time and offer the item for a much lower price. Then when they have all the buyers money in their PayPal account, they send the buyers a piece of rubbish and have it tracked so they have proof that they did send a parcel, even though it's not what the buyer ordered.

They are thieves.

if the add is posted by a reputable company and then the same add is repeatedly posted by by all the others for a fraction of the price should someone not be checking this out? When the same cases are opened for the same product, does that not ring any alarm bells? Sorry, but by all the others I am referring to some kind of Chinese ring of thieves. There, I have said it! And it's true. 

Login to Me Too

michaelwicks54
Contributor
Contributor

I totally agree Jinny. PayPal should take some responsibility in this too, as they allow these scammers to steal our money. There is no protection from PayPal. I am taking them to the financial ombudsman about their lack of support to customers who have been scammed.  Hopefully, they will all face the music.

Login to Me Too

Jinny3
Contributor
Contributor

Michael, did you appeal the decission?

Login to Me Too

michaelwicks54
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Jinny3. I was not allowed to appeal, though did try several times. Have been forced to accept a 75% refund & keep a useless item. I will never purchase anything on-line again using PayPal. I certainly do not trust them

Login to Me Too

angryfrank
Contributor
Contributor

I agree. Do NOT use PayPal. They are working with the SCAM companies! My Credit card company told me they could have taken care of the problem right away if I went directly through them instead of using the unnecessary misleading third party PayPal!

Login to Me Too

AB092620
I agree. Well, I'll see how my dispute goes
Login to Me Too

Minimilo
Contributor
Contributor
You are absolutely right! These China sellers are thieves!
Login to Me Too

Deborahselleck
Contributor
Contributor
Yes it does seem to be a repeating pattern reading the comments on this topic. It seems to be organised fraud by a number of different companies. They piggyback on someone else’s advertising take the order and the money then produce a cheap reproduction of the item and go through the PayPal processes of shipping and tracking to make it seem legit. So we the customers are not the only ones defrauded. The original sellers are also defrauded of their sale. Pay Pal processes are flawed . Who owns PayPal and what are they going to do about it?
Login to Me Too

DitzyBeth
Contributor
Contributor
I see the same things. Been scammed and see the ads change prices and dealers but same ads. ReRuns of Advertising is the same.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.