Scam Seller Shenzhen Ozhuo Technology Co., Ltd.

hjerrie
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a puzzle from a company that went by the name <Removed>.  It looked legit, but when I put in my order the receipt listed another company, <Removed>.  After the email receipt, I heard nothing.  I did some digging and found many complaints by people who have had their money stolen by this "company". WHY is Paypal not doing anything to kick this scammer off its base?  I've put in a claim and will keep trying.  This is inexcusable.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hjerrie 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
38 REPLIES 38
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hjerrie 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

hjerrie
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks - this is very helpful. I've started using this when I see ads on Facebook.  Some of the companies are legit, but many are scams.  I'm even getting new versions of the scam seller I originally ordered from!  They look so professional - but checking the contact and doing a search for customer reviews really works. 

Login to Me Too

Jokidd537
Contributor
Contributor
I just placed an order with this coumpiany and had know idea all this had come up before. Paypal says they can't even find the order even though the money has been taken out of my account. Facebook and PayPal need to be held accountable for this. How do I get my money back?
Login to Me Too

SnowDuck
Contributor
Contributor

i ordered Christmas items from 2 different companies using the same email address. Influsne-com and Buyingbestgf.com.   Looking forward to large yard ornaments, I got dollar store junk.  after several emails to company they are offering 20% refund!!  I am working with PalPal to get money back in full.  Ad on website says made in the USA, junk says made in China on package.  Made in USA shipped from China??  Yhee are small Tree ornaments.  I was embarrassed to have fallen for this scam.  Now I am hoping PayPal does no let me down.  The website I ordered from at Influsne is no longer around.  The one for buyingbestgf has changed the description, slightly, but still scam.....  Note webpage in background.20210128_132741_HDR.jpg20210128_132703_HDR.jpg

Login to Me Too

moldybrick
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a work bench and got a $20 watch .

Login to Me Too

georgiarocks
Contributor
Contributor

What is this? I have a payment taken. & i have no clue to who or what this is. This <removed>. Did it get resolved on your end? & how did they get info from paypal accounts? Is it an employee?

Login to Me Too

SnowDuck
Contributor
Contributor

It is a retailer.  They advertised Christmas surplus yard inflatables and large wire Deorations.  I ordered 6 of them for $9.98 each.  Stupid me.  Shipping was over $35.00 for all.  I voluntarily paid through PayPal not knowing the scam I fell into.  Now I want to spred the word AND hopefully get my money back!!

Login to Me Too

SnowDuck
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE.

In all fairness, I had two different shippers.  One is listed as KONG SHAN and SHENZHEN SIXINCHENG ELECTRONIC TECHNOLGY CO LTD.  Both have the exact same email address for contact.  In looking back at the email posted by another user, following his steps, all the criteria were here, no return address, made in USA,  China shipper, no phone #, etc.  Final update, persistance paid off, PayPal has just sent me an email, I will get 100% refund.  I am happy that PayPal has done that, I only wish they could see in advance that these fraudulant companies are using them to take advantage of us.  

Login to Me Too

luppy123
New Community Member

The same thing happened to me with this bogus company. I ordered something from FB and they got paid through my paypal account and I never got my merchandise. I keep getting bogus emails from them with fake tracking numbers. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.