Scam Seller. NOT HAPPY

Ronaldblue
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone else been scammed by this seller.

I paid and ordered a mobility scooter <removed?> only to receive a cheap watch. Opened a claim with PayPal which failed.

Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ronaldblue 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Which dispute did you open?

Was it non receipt / not as described or / unauthorised?

Did you escalate to a claim?

What happened?

How did you fund your paypal payment?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ronaldblue
Contributor
Contributor

I made a claim on the 2nd November 2020

[not as described]

On the 22nd of November PayPal replied

What happened?

I opened a claim on the 2nd November 2020. which PayPal viewed and took the side of the seller on the 22nd November 2020.

Transaction Details

Claim number: PP-D-89758716

·  Seller's name: 

·  Seller's email: 

·  Transaction amount: $29.89 

·  Transaction date: 19 September 2020. Item (Mobility Scooter)

·  Your transaction ID: 

I eventually received an item with the tracking order 

on the 2nd November 2020

The item I received was NOT a mobility scooter as ordered but was a cheap watch..

Thank You

Ronald Smith

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ronaldblue 

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
They may decline citing policies but if you say what happened then they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ronaldblue
Contributor
Contributor

I would just like to know how PayPal can let this SCAM seller get away with it. You order a scooter and receive a cheap watch and PayPal say that is o/k.

Does PayPal have NO morals, are they just interested in the money they get from these SCAM sellers.

I would not have used this seller if PayPal had not have endorsed them.

So PayPal encourage SCAM sellers.

So your money is NOT safe with PayPal.

I am determine not to let this SCAM seller or PayPal get away with this. I will now turn to the ombudsman for help.

I HOPE SOMEONE TAKES NOTICE OF THIS.

Login to Me Too

Leofrancis
Contributor
Contributor
I was also caught. I received a cheap watch. I was told to post back but so expensive, I do not want to lose more money. It makes me literally ill that they get away with this.
Login to Me Too

JadeSerendipity
Contributor
Contributor
Same. PayPal endorsed this seller and this is why I made this purchase.
Login to Me Too

2e1grg
Contributor
Contributor

I too am in the position of dispute paypal has said they will refund the $29+ I paid if I send the watch back which is at a cost of $22 to china they have not said they will refund the postage for this return and I can find nowhere on paypal to speak to someone. Disgraceful

Login to Me Too

Ronaldblue
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry to view that you have been taken in to. 

Dont send the watch back unless they refund first, Then still dont send it back unless they refund postage first.

I gave all the proof that this was fraud but they were NOT interested.

Due to this I believe PayPal are involved with this scam somehow that why so many people can not get the money back.

PayPal are supporting these FRAUDSTERS so expect any help off them.

SORRY AGAIN

Login to Me Too

loryannsan07

I'm going through the SAME thing and cannot believe that Paypal is taking the seller's side! Especially since I am not seeing the same thing happened to others. I am disgusted!! MY credit card wouldve refunded with NO problem but because I did it through Paypal they cannot help. I will never use paypal again! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.