Scam Seller. NOT HAPPY

Ronaldblue
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone else been scammed by this seller.

I paid and ordered a mobility scooter <removed?> only to receive a cheap watch. Opened a claim with PayPal which failed.

Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

BarbzB

I had the same issue, only today I resolved it in my favour.

By explaining that I did not understand what had been asked of me! The wonderful lady in PayPal, Erin, explained that I did not respond with the correct information.

1. If you esculate an issue, Call PAYPAL Customer service on 0203 901 7000 and keep saying AGENT to the computer.

2. When speaking to a real person ask them to guide you through the procedure.

3. Resolutions should begin to fall in the buyers favour and PayPal will hopefully cut off these scammers.

Good Luck

Login to Me Too

davelstone
Contributor
Contributor

I have had a similar problem I ordered a portable workbench then received a refund of £1.50 for the delivery being delayed they  said that th is was due to being delayed at customs I contacted the resolution centre and the  date for conclusion kept being moved then I received  a parcel and guess what a cheap watchband then I received an email from Paypal declining my claim as the tracking number says that my item has been delivered 

Login to Me Too

Blue_219
Contributor
Contributor
I bought storage chair/ottoman type thing and never received it. Once I read that you received a watch, i too received a random watch and did not think it was related. My claim failed as well.
Login to Me Too

gsquared8
Contributor
Contributor

I too have been scammed and cannot believe that PayPal isn't doing anything about it, nor is my capital one mastercard credit card. I paid through PayPal for the "extra" protection which has proven to be useless. Even more shocked at my credit cards response - in which they want me to go to a store and get a merchant letter on letterhead stating I didn't receive the item I purchased. So I am to all in to a random store and kindly show them the order and the item received and ask them to write me a letter on their company letterhead saying I didn't receive the item I purchased ???  

My lesson is that there is no protection from either PayPal or from my capital one credit card. 

Login to Me Too

Eg63
Contributor
Contributor

What is going on here?  I use PayPal as I TRUST PayPal but now, having been scammed with a cheap fake watch I see that soooo many others have too!  Why is PayPal facilitating these criminals?  How can we trust them to handle crimes committed on their sites if they do not act and leave the fraudulent sellers free to con others?

Do something about it please PayPal or your customers will lose faith!

Login to Me Too

DC214
New Community Member
I also ordered the ottoman thing, and never received. Also received watch and had no idea where it came from until I read these comments. I learned a lesson and don't order anything until I research, which sucks.
Login to Me Too

Henshaw-Photo
Contributor
Contributor

I have also placed an order with Hyleen Technology Co.Ltd., mine was for a piece of furniture.

I opened the dispute with PayPal and they have told me that the case has been closed because the seller provided delivery details.

I have emailed PayPal and I am contacting the Trading Standards in the U.K. first thing on Monday morning.

Any advice would be welcomed.

Thank you!

Dave

Login to Me Too

Andy0480
Contributor
Contributor

I was in the same boat, but just this morning the case was closed in my favour, and I got the full refund.

I was the same as Sleigh62, and ordered a collapsible workbench, and received the crappy watch instead.
But I had opened a case before the watch arrived, (as it took nearly 3 months).
I ordered on the 17th Oct, and I opened the case on 5th Dec, for 'item not received', and I had tried to get on their website and tracking, and they were dead links, so I put that in the case too.
Then I received the watch on the 7th Jan, and I saw the same tracking number on it... so I knew the type of scam it was then!
I updated the case to 'incorrect item received'. They then came back with their $10 refund offer, and I declined.

Paypal asked me then to file it with the Internet Crime Complaint Center, which was just yesterday, so I did that and linked this thread also, (so thanks everyone), saying to please take note of the other unfortunate buyers here.
And It was closed in my favour this morning.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.