Scam Out of my Money!!!!!

hilariouskat
Contributor
Contributor

Ok so, I had ordered this iPhone off the website for a cheap price, yea I'm dumb. So I went to my account to see how long it would take until I get my package and it said that it was pending and that it had failed. Which is not true cause the money isn't on my card. I didn't used my Paypal card, but still, I should get my money back. Right? I tried contacting them, but their number is fake and their email is fake. Cause I was buying this phone for my little sister cause she a teenager and she needs one.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hilariouskat 

Ok, if it is pending as a temporary authorization (click the transaction to confirm this), then yes the funds are temporarily held, until it is captured by the merchant. Some merchants take a couple of days to capture payment but for all you know they could have shipped out or haven't even processed the transaction yet.

Once the payment is captured, the merchant will and should provide tracking number. Otherwise, you may dispute the transaction AFTER it is marked COMPLETE. If the merchant is able to cancel your order, then the temporary authorization will remain until it expires and funds released, in no longer than 30 days.

The authorization 2 capture payment processing method is normal so don't freak out just yet. If payment is completed and you don't hear back from merchant, you have 180 days from date of payment to dispute.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hilariouskat 

Ok, if it is pending as a temporary authorization (click the transaction to confirm this), then yes the funds are temporarily held, until it is captured by the merchant. Some merchants take a couple of days to capture payment but for all you know they could have shipped out or haven't even processed the transaction yet.

Once the payment is captured, the merchant will and should provide tracking number. Otherwise, you may dispute the transaction AFTER it is marked COMPLETE. If the merchant is able to cancel your order, then the temporary authorization will remain until it expires and funds released, in no longer than 30 days.

The authorization 2 capture payment processing method is normal so don't freak out just yet. If payment is completed and you don't hear back from merchant, you have 180 days from date of payment to dispute.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.