Scam Face Book Advertisement that shipped bogus item

mmcmaster
Contributor
Contributor

https://poukcily.com/products/factory-outlet-halloween-talking-animated-pumpkin-with-built-in-projec...

This is the website that is still currently up.  If you saw the 3 tiny pumpkins they mailed to me you would know how badly this is a scam.  They are 3 inches tall and light up like a tea light with a tiny switch on the bottom.  This is the video they showed on their Face Book advertisement that suckered me in.

<removed>

I was thinking... No problem.  It looks a little too good to be true but it might just be a good deal so I will use Paypal protection to protect my purchase and credit card information.  Now Paypal isn't allowing for me fight this charge.  I am about to contact my bank and fight it that way.  I tried the Resolution Center but the option for "item is significantly different than what was purchased" isn't an there.  

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

Temp20201101
New Community Member
I had the same issue. I’ve been trying to get PayPal to help for months. I assumed even though PayPal is to protect sellers and buyers, they’d be at least a smidge helpful but no. I’ve had to constantly stay on top of this. My claim was just automatically denied because the product showed shipped and delivered even though I didn’t get what was advertised so now I have to start all over again. I’m so frustrated and annoyed with PayPal even more than the scammers.
Login to Me Too

Eye_In_The_Sky
Contributor
Contributor

The same thing happened to me. However, I did send them back to China and I was provided a return address in English through an email from PayPal. PayPal paid my return shipment ($27.75 through USPS). As far as I can tell, the package is somewhere in China now on it's way back to the company. My account says PayPal is reviewing seller's response and I should have an answer by 11/13. I bought these from that Facebook ad on September 7; it took them over a month to arrive after a bunch of emails trying to figure out where they were and then when I got these I went and filed a claim with PayPal immediately. Not quite a month yet to get a resolution. If my claim is denied, I'll be calling my credit card company to get a refund. I've taken tons of pictures, so it shouldn't be hard to get my money back. Just time consuming and annoying. PayPal should know better.

Login to Me Too

CoreyGreen77
Contributor
Contributor
I'm dealing with the exact same thing you guys are for the same item. PayPal should have enough complaints with this company (scam) that it should be a no brainer. I thought I was protected because I paid through PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.