Scam DINH <removed> payee Scam

Carmine60
New Community Member

I ordered a Baby Trend Simply Smart Nursery Center Playard from a site that was sponsored on the Target Website. They offered Paypal payment and offered a tracking # through UPS. The site was called Jersey Baby and now the site and seller do not respond, and I can not find them. UPS tracking states the item was delivered to a different address/town which is obviously a scam. Same payment person/Corporation DINH HOANG HIEP. I called paypal to escalate this as a scam that keeps happening over and over per this site and others and to refund my money. Hopefully they will do the right thing. They should cancel this payers account. DO NOT ORDER, Paypal should be aware of all these scams, all it takes is a search of this seller. I also reported to UPS, which states it was delivered to the wrong address. This is a big scam. I figured since it was sponsored by Target website, paypal was on the site and I had a UPS tracking # that it was ok. BIG SCAM!!!!!! Paypal do the right thing.

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

LorURtGtinOvMe
Contributor
Contributor

I never received my refund??? Are you going to help me too? I was scammed by this seller too!

Login to Me Too

barley123
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal_JonK,

Respectfully, your advise for handling this issue leads to a frustrating cycle. It seems that this seller knows how to work PayPals' system. The seller will provide a tracking number that will indicate that the item was delivered to the buyer. However, the tracking number will be associated with a delivery for an empty box to an address that is in the same town as the buyer's shipping address, or the tracking number will be for a shipment associated with an Amazon Fulfillment Center by a third party (for many the third party will be MYERS BILLING out of Akron). In turn, PayPal will side with the seller since a tracking number was provided. Even if proof is provided via UPS investigation statement illustrating the incorrect address.

I referred to this solution as a frustrating cycle because it takes a handful of disputes to get a refund. The outcome is always on the seller's side until the seller slips up and does not respond to the dispute. 

I am doing a poor job of explaining this issue. Nonetheless, your advise is a poor solution; especially considering the number of people who have voiced problems with this seller.

Login to Me Too

harps2016

I tried to dispute this same type of transaction with this person, PP denied it because they provided tracking, never mind that it wasn't to my house and that I verified with the USPS that they delivered the package on that tracking number to the correct person and actually went back to their house and verified it was their order and not mine shipped there by accident.. 

At least my CC company stepped up and took care of this.. 

Login to Me Too

LorURtGtinOvMe
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase hoping to get a barbie camper for my daughter for Christmas Dec. 1st. I knew right away when I could not make an account to check the tracking like my receipt has stated that I was SCAMMED! I contacted PayPal right away and they stated that I would 100% receive a refund. BS This SCAM ARTIST made fake tacking, nothing ever came to my house! And PayPal DENIED My Claim! What is this world coming to?? I use PayPal for almost all my online transactions because I thought it was secure. But Wrong was I. This SCAMMER NEEDS TO BE STOPPED!! I want my hard earned money back!! And I am not going to stop until I GET MY MONEY BACK! 

Login to Me Too

DaveJean
Contributor
Contributor

They got me too. I tried chasing my tail with PayPal disputes. I said nothing was ever delivered. They said it was. So PayPal sided with the vendor. It's a shame. Especially that it has happened so many times. I need to find out how to terminate my PayPal account. Not nearly as secure as advertised.

Login to Me Too

harps2016

Wow this is pretty pathetic, PP denied my claim for this "person" as well stating they provided tracking... The entire time is seemed like I was just getting an automated response and not a human actually looking into it.. Since my CC provider covered the lose, I've decided to significantly reduce the amount of times I use PP since they don't seem to want to step up for things like this.. 

I would suggest sending a clear message to PP by reducing the use of their services.. 

Login to Me Too

Cartwnp
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE All who have posted their story about Seller dinh <removed> scam...you were right. On Dec 2 I purchased 2 lego sets as a Christmas gift for my 6 year old. The E-Receipt proved my purchase, payment, and no shipping detail provided by Seller. Since that purchase I never received another email providing any shipping/delivering information nor a tracking number. On Dec 24th and every day since I have emailed Seller at email <removed> inquiring on the status of my order. Behold no response. I submitted a PayPal dispute on Dec 29th and Jan 8th received an email stating "denied" because a UPS tracking number with delivery status completed was provided. Interesting I never received an email with this information and now available in my PayPal account against that order. Thanks PayPal for siding with the Seller vs customer. Ironic how numerous customers have complained and disputed against this Seller stating never received order yet you will not take legal actions doing the right thing by your protecting customers. A visit to UPS to research the tracking number, then police station to file a theft report.

Login to Me Too

Cartwnp
Contributor
Contributor
I posted an update on results from dispute case. Unfortunately PP decided to deny and remove my post. Regardless, I have contacted shipping delivery service(UPS) who stated the tracking number was legit but no ship to address was associated to tracking number. Very interesting as I didn't think that was possible. For other customers who have been a victim of fraud and theft, please get your tracking number and contact the delivery carrier. Then contact your bank. You can contact your local police dept and file a theft report (as long as you have a tracking number), which I have done in the past. Provide that info to your delivery service carrier and bank. Hope this helps for you to get a refund. I will no longer support PP or their services as their values and ethics are not what I follow.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.