Scam DINH <removed> payee Scam

Carmine60
New Community Member

I ordered a Baby Trend Simply Smart Nursery Center Playard from a site that was sponsored on the Target Website. They offered Paypal payment and offered a tracking # through UPS. The site was called Jersey Baby and now the site and seller do not respond, and I can not find them. UPS tracking states the item was delivered to a different address/town which is obviously a scam. Same payment person/Corporation DINH HOANG HIEP. I called paypal to escalate this as a scam that keeps happening over and over per this site and others and to refund my money. Hopefully they will do the right thing. They should cancel this payers account. DO NOT ORDER, Paypal should be aware of all these scams, all it takes is a search of this seller. I also reported to UPS, which states it was delivered to the wrong address. This is a big scam. I figured since it was sponsored by Target website, paypal was on the site and I had a UPS tracking # that it was ok. BIG SCAM!!!!!! Paypal do the right thing.

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

PayPalMichelleW

Hi @Carmine60,

Welcome to the Community!  I'm sorry to hear that you had trouble with a merchant but I'm glad you were able to open a dispute.  Please keep an eye on your email for any updates.  If you have any additional questions, I would suggest you contact us to provide additional details.  To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.  I hope this helps.

Thanks!

MichelleW

Login to Me Too

Lynzeeut
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happened to me, I’m having to jump through so many hoops to try and get my money back. (The funds were never sent to the seller, PayPal has a hold on them) it’s disappointing that a seller who is fishing false tracking numbers is given more clout than the customer. I’ve literally sent PayPal an email with proof that the tracking number is a counterfeit as confirmed by UPS, but they are still giving the seller (scammer) an opportunity to respond, while my money is being held. This particular sale got me looking through another PayPal purchase I made and I fear that I may have fallen victim of another scam. I’m definitely second guessing the benefits of using PayPal as I don’t feel that my best interest are at hand, nor do I feel the properly vet their sellers.
Login to Me Too

Lynzeeut
Contributor
Contributor

Carmine60,

Were you able to resolve your issue? I have had no success going through PayPal. In fact PayPal ruled in favor of the seller. My next step will be to file a dispute with my financial institution hoping to recoup my funds. Hoping PayPal is taking measures to prevent and correct this issue. So angry and disappointed.

Login to Me Too

Lynzeeut
Contributor
Contributor

Just received additional information from a PayPal supervisor.  The minimum requirement for a seller to show proof of delivery is that the item has been shipped within a 1.7 Mile radius from the actual location that it should have been delivered to.  Regardless of proof that an item has been shipped to an incorrect recipient (name), an incorrect address, and shipped from a seller who is not the seller you are doing business with your funds will not be returned to you. The supervisor I spoke with even agreed that this seller is running a scam, PayPal is sitting on the funds, and the customers are the ones on the short end of the stick, but he personally could not resolve the situation.

Login to Me Too

barley123
Contributor
Contributor

A researcher from a gimlet podcast is looking into doing a piece on this seller and PayPal. I sent her multiple links to information on this seller and correspondence with PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

Cartwnp
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered from Seller in Dec 2, thankful for emails to track. Realized 2 items I purchased as Christmas presents did not arrive. I dug through emails and found my receipt. I have been emailing the account every day requesting a status in purchase and delivery. No response to date. My card was charged and I want refund since I never received my paid purchases nor a delivery status to track my delivery.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Cartwnp,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Have you started a dispute or claim with PayPal yet? If not, here's a Help Center article that can guide you through that: I didn't receive my item or it's different than described. Should I open a dispute?

From there, we'll work together on getting your funds back.

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Cartwnp
Contributor
Contributor
Hello Jon. I recently filed a dispute. From other comments I hope Sellers like dinh hoang hie are not allowed to sell products or use PayPal services.
Login to Me Too

LorURtGtinOvMe
Contributor
Contributor

I am so upset I just realized because this seller provided fake tracking they denied my dispute. This was a scam. I thought I was ordering something for my daughter for Christmas and I should have known it was too good to be true. I never ever received anything and I knew seconds after I made the purchase I was scammed because I was told to make an account to check my tracking and there was absolutely no way to make an account on that website. I was like wow I am usually much more sharp than to fall for this crap. I contacted PayPal right away. PayPal said I would for sure receive a refund but I just check the status and on Dec. 17 my case was denied because the scammer provided fake tracking. SOOOOO Many people have been scammed, is PayPal in on this?? Because there is no way this should be tolerated! PayPal needs to refund my money and go after this scammer!! So Mad!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.