Scam Company: Yinglian Trading Co., Ltd.

Ondra3
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I just want to warn other potential customers to buy from this company.

I ordered an item form Yinglian Trading Co. (they have a more websites like ipigeon.store ) where they are selling goods for a quite good price. 

how they do it

1) you buy a product and pay through the paypal. 

2) they send you a different product (much cheaper)

3) when you try to write them the don't communicate back, so you try to contact them through the PayPal and of course you want your money back.

4) they offer you they would give you 40% of price for the original product back immediately if you keep the product or you could send it back but they cannot cover the shipping cost  

I believe that this four steps are the same for every scammed buyer, the next steps may differ.

I believe PayPal doesn't want scammers to use they platform, because it would have negative impact to their brand and credibility.

Here are reviews to this company 

<Removed>

Another store from this company reviews

<Removed>

I hope this help

<Removed>

Login to Me Too
777 REPLIES 777

DebbyJP1
Contributor
Contributor

Can you provide a contact phone number for PayPal customer service?  The only one I can find says the number has not yet been allocated!  I've tried various emails etc but get nothing back apart from "this dispute has been settled".  So I still have a rubbish item and no refund.

Login to Me Too

DebbyJP1
Contributor
Contributor

Can you let me have the customer service telephone number please?  The only number I've found apparently hasnt been allocated yet!!

Login to Me Too

Temp20220622A
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal have just updated their legal agreement with sellers. If a seller such as Yinglian has a dispute against them and it is 'significantly not as described' the seller may not receive the item back, or the seller may be required to accept the item back and pay for the return of shipping costs.  This global.

I interpret this a way of stopping these current bait and switch scams Yinglian and their other associated names are pulling.

Hang in their for your refunds guys, keep at it.

PayPal have also stated, if you don't like it then decline these changes and close your account.  Good on them! 

Login to Me Too

Temp20230525HU
Contributor
Contributor

GOT THEM! SUCCESS!

I've been stung by these guys twice (I didn't realise it was the same company!).

The first time I ordered a scale model of a Chinook helicopter and they sent me a small generic helicopter that was so faulty, the blades thrust it down on to the ground rather than up in the air! I broke that one trying to fix it, so I couldn't do anything about that.

However, the second time I ordered a digital battery-powered pump and they sent me a small plastic hand pump! We went through the all too familiar rigmarole of them trying to persuade me to keep it in return for a 40% discount. 

No joy via Paypal, but I DID get a refund by threatening them with the small claims court! They ignored my emails. I sent recorded delivery letters. They signed for one of them but then started to refuse them so they came back to me! I was threatening them with small claims court action which they ignored until I filled in the claim, printed it out and sent it to them, saying "This is the court action I'm going ahead with if you don't refund me in one week." The refund came through the following day!

So, HERE'S WHAT TO DO IF PAYPAL DON'T HELP:

1. Write them a letter that you entitle "Notice of intended litigation" saying if they don't refund you in 7 days, you'll take them to court. Send it in the post recorded delivery, but also email it to them.

2. When they ignore that one, send them another letter entitled "Letter before action" saying if they don't refund you in 7 days, you'll start court proceedings without any further notice. Go to https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money , fill in a claim, print it out and attach it, saying that this is the court action you'll go ahead with if they don't refund you. 

With me, they ignored all threats until I attached that court claim!

Good luck, I hope this helps other victims of this criminal enterprise!

Login to Me Too

Temp20220622A
Contributor
Contributor

We have to remember in all that PayPal are being stung too.  Oh I know they promise to refund on dodgy sellers and they usually get their money back from the seller too but in many cases it doesn't happen.  Add to that all the administration costs and PayPal are down big time.  I'm not going to lose any sleep over it as they should have acted against Yinglian far sooner than they did and they should vet big clients far better than they do.  PayPal do seem to be honouring dodgy deals with Yinglian provided you press hard enough, take photos of the item received and packaging and, most importantly, do not enter into any form of discount negotiation.  They didn't send the item in error...it's 100% a scam and you do not negotiate with scammers and it complicates things with PayPal.  The bad guys here are Yinglian and their associated phoney companies, not PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Joashtch
Contributor
Contributor
I would advise those non US or UK residents, please ask your credit card company for help. My case dispute took months and no sight of closure. If I could screenshot to you how absorb my case had developed into and how unprofessional it was handled, you wouldn't believe it can happen. I had said enough, wait enough and not going to say anymore. The buyer protection itself is also fraud. Good luck to you if you are still waiting for Pp or Seller to resolve your case.
Login to Me Too

Davidg88
Contributor
Contributor
I also had severe issues with this seller. I purchased a lamp following a link on Instagram (I know...) and was given a random tracking number which, despite saying it was delivered to my local delivery office, Royal Mail had absolutely no record of. Seller was as poor as you'd expect - constantly referred me to the tracking and just didn't want to know. After some time I realised I wouldn't be receiving anything and filed an appeal which was denied by PayPal on the basis the seller had supposedly proved with the tracking that it was delivered to my home address. I decided to complain on social media and then an extremely lengthy Twitter Direct messaging between PayPal and myself ensued. In the end (and I'm talking over a period of months!) Twitter escalated my case for review and are now arranging a refund (hooray!). This was an extremely difficult, lengthy process and to prove my innocence in all of this I provided: - Full context regarding my appeal. - A link to this specific thread. - Facebook and Google hits (Yinglian Trading Company also appear under other guises so you'll note other articles from individuals complaining also. - Screenshot of Royal Mail communication proving they never received the item into their delivery orrice. I will never click on an Instagram ad again and recommend total perseverance if you have a problem. You ARE in the right and it's sellers like this which should be blacklisted.
Login to Me Too

Macmason3
New Community Member
this company got me as well. I ordered a heavy jump rope and a yesterday i just received my order which is almost 3 months later and it was completely the wrong thing.
Login to Me Too

Kokalols
Contributor
Contributor

My first dispute will end by the 16th so I will update here when I find out the result. I forgot to say in my last post that I didn't have enough funds to purchase my item, glitters.store, aka " Yinglian Trading Co., Ltd. Will not decline your order. They forced the payment from me and paypal fronted the payment so i had a negative balance on my account here. 

Login to Me Too

jeffreysoh
Contributor
Contributor

I got scammed by the same company. Paypal informed me of the following: ''We reviewed the claim(s) you filed on 21 May 2020. Unfortunately, we had to deny your claim(s). This decision was made because we received shipment tracking from the merchant confirming that the merchandise was delivered.''

The merchandise sent wasn't what I ordered, and is a piece of plastic trash.

Why is paypal allowing so many customers to be scammed? Shouldn't they have a red flag for Yinglian given this is their tactics?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.