cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam Company: Yinglian Trading Co., Ltd.

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Scam Company: Yinglian Trading Co., Ltd.

I wish I had found this site before I dealt with this company.  I stupidly ordered from them something that was too good to be true - a metal folding shelving unit with 3 shelves, 4' high for $22.  I received order confirmation along with a tracking number which included a photo of the ordered item exactly as it had appeared on the ad, complete with actual measurements.  Several weeks went by and I received notification that the package was ready for pickup.

What I was sent was a small package containing a cheap and flimsy 12" plastic corner shelving unit which wouldn't even have supported a shampoo bottle.  I followed the directions from PayPal to repackage the item, address it to this company, mark it "returned cargo" and return it with tracking.  When I got to the PO and discovered that to return it would cost me over $24 I immediately contacted PayPal.  Several back and forths and they refused a refund because I wouldn't send back the item.  They had a photo of the item I ordered, a photo of what I received, it was obviously a full-blown scam but case was closed.

A flow of exchanged emails with the company ensued.  We went through the whole routine of why I couldn't send back the item because the return postage was greater than the amount I'd paid; they offered me first a 50% refund which I refused and then a 60% refund which I also refused.  I demanded a full refund.  The last two emails I received from them were simply repeats to send the package back to them with a tracking number and as soon as they received confirmation of tracking they would send me a 100% refund.  A scam all the way through and through and PayPal should be severely castigated for continuing to have them as a customer.

I've reported the company to an international scam organisation and will also file a police report in Dongguan City.  Not a hope of getting my money back but although I'm a senior on a fixed income it's not about the money but the principle.  I will never make the mistake again of buying something advertised on social media before checking the company - and for the most part will simply stick with legitimate large companies and with eBay who quickly refund when there's a problem.

Highlighted

Sad thing is I provided tons of proof to paypal that they are stealing from people and the refused my refund. They sided with them. Even though I showed proof. Makes me think twice about buyer protection with PayPal 254 people have complained. How many more do they need?
Highlighted
Contributor

Yes and also me I continued to argue my point with PayPal offered lots of evidence and they must know about the hundreds of complaints backing this story Pay pal wasn’t interested.

Highlighted
Contributor

I ordered the tooth cleaning device which was advertised on Instagram,   

they took paypal money immediately.  
sent a text confirming order.  Since then I have not heard back. Text number doesn’t work. 
paypal is not helpful or refunding my payment. This is a scam on many levels.  
A credit card would have refunded me by now 

Highlighted
Contributor

I received my items this week. It could have been that they were held up due to covid 19. The company communicated with me after I contacted PayPal.
Highlighted
Contributor

This has literally just happened to me. This morning I received the same offer of a 40 percent refund for an item that I didn't even order! This is clearly a case of bait-and-switch fraud and it worries me that this company gets to keep victims' money because PayPal refuses to put an end to Yinglian Trading Company's deceitful and predatory behavior business practices. 

Since I placed an order with this company, I have seen an increasing number of similar adverts on Instagram for the same products; however, the company is advertising under a variety of different company names. This means that it will be nearly impossible to untangle the web of lies they've created in order to defraud consumers. I have started reporting their adverts whenever I see them, but this will never be an effective way to stop them. I have also reported them to the FTC, but the FTC's jurisdiction makes this only a symbolic act. What we need to do, as PayPal users, is to pressure PayPal and continue exerting pressure on them to protect all consumers against fraud with stronger policies on fraud. What else can we do? The amount I stand to lose is only around $25, but multiplied by the hundreds who've been scammed it becomes fraud on an unimaginable scale. 

PAYPAL IS ACTIVELY HELPING YINGLIAN TRADING COMPANY STEAL OUR MONEY!  

Highlighted
Contributor

I did receive my items finally. Hope you will as well
Highlighted
Contributor

if you got what you ordered, I am amazed, you would be the only one as far as I know

Highlighted
Contributor

I wish I had read this before I too was sucked into this scam. The order is confirmed with a lovely picture of the goods you have agreed to purchase. When it arrives you are so disappointed as it is an inferior version of what you thought you were going to get. The first email of the complaint went unanswered. The second one gets an answer. Apologising and then offer me a solution. We will give you 40% and you keep the product. You send it back and we refund 100% of the price once we confirm receipt. The final nail which I believe is despicable is the reference to issues caused by COVID-19 and making returns difficult. This company should be investigated by PayPal and barred from trading on this platform!!! Take action PayPal or your credibility will be questioned. 

Highlighted
Contributor

Scum Company. Got sent a 50c pump instead of electric one. PayPal must shut them down. We must bombard them to get the action needed.