Scam: Amelia Quilts aka ECrafta aka Printabel

LADIBLUEMOON
Contributor
Contributor
Amelia Quilt purchase

I purchased a king and 2 twin quilts, totaling over $150 and I emailed them several times asking the status as I purchased these in early November 2018 as Christmas presents. I received conflicting responses and on 12/24 contacted paypal saying I never received the items. Then they gave ma and also gave paypal a tracking #... and lo and behold this item was delivered to my mailbox today (DHL and originated in CHINA-the company claimed to be in Oregon USA). This is a total ripoff scam!! The ONE and only item delivered was a 2 foot by 3 foot joke of a very poor quality "quilt". It is too small for my dog bed... I have been a paypal member since its inception and I fully expect my money back from Paypal. This was not the item ordered, it was not the item as described and it was no where near the king, and 2 twin quilts I paid for. If paypal doesn't protect us from this, I will be shocked. I will also make sure I take any and all avenues available to me to ensure I get my money back. Right now my issue is still "in dispute" and I am awaiting a call back from paypal as the hold time was close to an hour. I have all the documentation, screen shots, pictures etc. This is a classic scam that I unfortunately (as did many) fell victim to. Isnt this what buyer protection is supposed to protect us from??

UPDATE Paypal called back and said not to worry, that they changed it to an "Item not received as described" issue and that they would change it and send me an email where I could upload pictures and any info. They said I would get an email from Paypal.

UPDATE I did not get this email, so I went back to paypal online and changed the claim type myself and uploaded photos, plus the BBB and other known scam info to Paypal. I certainly hope that the buyer protection applies here... the agent told me it surely does and not to worry... but after reading other community responses here in this forum, I am somewhat concerned. I will update so that the community knows if Paypal stands behind us and truly protects is  and will let you all know the outcome. The man on the phone said the seller will have only 3 days to provide proof that they sent what I ordered, which will not be possible, as they certainly did not do so. My main concern is that I never did get the email the man on the phone from Paypal said I would get, and he did not change the claim as he said he would- I did that myself. Why this company is allowed to remain a member of Paypal is another concern...

Login to Me Too
52 REPLIES 52

Dmarie2
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same problem. PayPal did not help. I disputed the charges with my bank so I'll see what happens.
Login to Me Too

Serena3
Contributor
Contributor

Im reading a year later, the various comments from customers being ripped off by Amelia quilts, which is why I would reject any payapal offers for some random credit card.  they are not your friend nor your ally in any dispute .. 

Login to Me Too

Beckydlany
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal has been no help. Just auto generated stupid responses. Never send email response, do nothing. I want my money back, it was a scam Paypal is an accessory and refuses to help me at all. Never ever again.
Login to Me Too

Trisha78957
New Community Member
Mine was EmmaCotton, suposedly made from organic good quality cotton. The quilt in the pictures is beautiful and large but the one I received is just a poor quality print and not the size or quality I expected. Only received one of two, still trying to find resolution to my missing one, then the long attempt to return them for a refund. Sad I got scammed too!
Login to Me Too

lizwittman
Contributor
Contributor

It most definitely is a scam, and I can't believe there is nothing that can done about it - with all the people that have complained. 

• And yes - since they change the name and location of their website every couple of weeks, it's makes it very hard to prove (as the customer) what you thought you were purchasing..As when I found the website off of Facebook, it said they were in Australia, and showed an idyllic family ranch, where they carded their own cotton, "come visit, pet our sheep and stay for a picnic", etc...

In my case, it's even worse than yours, as I purchased (3) quilts for Christmas (spending $177)

• And after receiving (3) separate packages from their freight forwarder in NJ, I received the attached very thin "blankets" which were NOT pieced quilts as their website showed, but rather a photo printed on a piece of fabric.
  • So, I started a dispute and the "store" replied back that if I could send the blankets back (to an address in Vietnam) that I could have my $177 back.  (NOT back to NJ, which is where the original packaging came from.)  I would TOTALLY be willing to send that 8 lbs back to NJ!
  • The only thing is, when you are sending an 8 lb package (which has 3 blankets - 2 Queen and 1 King!) to Vietnam, per UPS - it would cost me $342 to get them all the way over there, in order to get my $177 back....
  • So, obviously I did not do that - as per my experience last year, sending another scam item back for a refund (to a different store) - I would have spent $342 to get it to the other side of the world, only to find the address is an empty lot, and have UPS send it back to me, thereby costing another $342.  
  • Therefore - essentially, to return it = I'd be in the hole $861 ($342 + $342 + $177) since the "store" would say they never received it back from me - in order to send my $177 back.
  • So, when I tried to tell PP this, all they said was I didn't send the product back, so therefore I was not entitled to my $177 refund, and closed my dispute ticket!
Login to Me Too

Lyneve
Contributor
Contributor
Same happened to me, although they were trading under 'KayleeAndTepid', but Printabel is the commonality with all these companies😔 I wish I had read reviews prior to purchasing. I am going to persue PayPal until I can speak to a human being and ask what are they doing about this?? The return for refund under their purchase guarantee meets all the criteria, so questions need to be asked of PayPal🤔
Login to Me Too

kra0418
Contributor
Contributor

EmmaCotton is the same company. They keep changing their name and website. My quilt add also said made in the USA from cotton. When I received the quilts they had China Shipping Labels on them with no return address and no label of material content. The Quilt images are printed crooked and the ink has bleed into the other images. They are unusable and the company was fraudulent in their claim of made in the USA. I contacted the company many times asking to return the quilt for a refund, sending them pictures, etc. The company replied they were sorry and offered a coupon for my next purchase but will not refund nor offer any return policy language. I then opened a complaint with PayPal, hoping they would assist in protecting their consumers against a purchase to a company that was fraudulent, but PayPal denied my claim so basically they offer no protection. My credit card company also indicated that because the company delivered the merchandise, even though it was not as pictured or as the add claims, I really have no recourse. The company is based in China and goes under EmmaCotton or Ecrafta. This is a complete scam that continues to operate.

Login to Me Too

bluechiwawamom
Contributor
Contributor
This is upsetting to read because I’m in the middle of a dispute with PP over the very same thing. Luckily, I used the credit card attached to my account so that might help. I just got another email from PP with a forwarded message from Printabel containing a tracking number for DHL Global Mail. It’s the same number that I was given back in December. It had the same info when I put in the tracking number. It was shipped on the 8th of January. That’s it. When I got the tracking number in December, it said it had been shipped on December 21. I have a feeling that I’m stuck. I always read reviews before I buy anything. What was I thinking?
Login to Me Too

Beckydlany
Contributor
Contributor
Today I got a tracking number from Paypal that is not even valid. They won’t refund my money, did not even help me. They closed my dispute so I cannot re-open. They are all liars and the customer service is non existent. The worst organization I have ever dealt with. All they do is auto generate email non-answers. They don’t stand behind their policies.
Login to Me Too

Beckydlany
Contributor
Contributor
Today I got a tracking number from Paypal that is not even valid. They won’t refund my money, did not even help me. They closed my dispute so I cannot re-open. They are all liars and the customer service is non existent. The worst organization I have ever dealt with. All they do is auto generate email non-answers. They don’t stand behind their policies. Now I keep getting error msg “cannot send”.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.