Scam: Amelia Quilts aka ECrafta aka Printabel

LADIBLUEMOON
Contributor
Contributor
Amelia Quilt purchase

I purchased a king and 2 twin quilts, totaling over $150 and I emailed them several times asking the status as I purchased these in early November 2018 as Christmas presents. I received conflicting responses and on 12/24 contacted paypal saying I never received the items. Then they gave ma and also gave paypal a tracking #... and lo and behold this item was delivered to my mailbox today (DHL and originated in CHINA-the company claimed to be in Oregon USA). This is a total ripoff scam!! The ONE and only item delivered was a 2 foot by 3 foot joke of a very poor quality "quilt". It is too small for my dog bed... I have been a paypal member since its inception and I fully expect my money back from Paypal. This was not the item ordered, it was not the item as described and it was no where near the king, and 2 twin quilts I paid for. If paypal doesn't protect us from this, I will be shocked. I will also make sure I take any and all avenues available to me to ensure I get my money back. Right now my issue is still "in dispute" and I am awaiting a call back from paypal as the hold time was close to an hour. I have all the documentation, screen shots, pictures etc. This is a classic scam that I unfortunately (as did many) fell victim to. Isnt this what buyer protection is supposed to protect us from??

UPDATE Paypal called back and said not to worry, that they changed it to an "Item not received as described" issue and that they would change it and send me an email where I could upload pictures and any info. They said I would get an email from Paypal.

UPDATE I did not get this email, so I went back to paypal online and changed the claim type myself and uploaded photos, plus the BBB and other known scam info to Paypal. I certainly hope that the buyer protection applies here... the agent told me it surely does and not to worry... but after reading other community responses here in this forum, I am somewhat concerned. I will update so that the community knows if Paypal stands behind us and truly protects is  and will let you all know the outcome. The man on the phone said the seller will have only 3 days to provide proof that they sent what I ordered, which will not be possible, as they certainly did not do so. My main concern is that I never did get the email the man on the phone from Paypal said I would get, and he did not change the claim as he said he would- I did that myself. Why this company is allowed to remain a member of Paypal is another concern...

Login to Me Too
52 REPLIES 52

prairienut
Contributor
Contributor

Call PayPal and get a real person to open a new case or re-open old one.  I did that, and I ended up getting refunded.  It takes more effort than it should but at some point it becomes a matter of principle.  Printabel should be shut down and the owners jailed.

Login to Me Too

Lyneve
Contributor
Contributor
Totally agree, Printabel should be legally shut down😠
Login to Me Too

bluechiwawamom
Contributor
Contributor
I got my refund! They credited to my credit card! I’m so happy but sad for anyone who hasn’t gotten one yet. ☹️
Login to Me Too

Serena3
Contributor
Contributor

I finally recieved a refund but from the VIsa card that paypal had transferred the purchase to.NowI wonder of payapl also chrged my bank account ? As we have all realized by now , Paypal s not our friend when it comes to buying things, somethingI will NEVER use paypal for ever agaon .ANnd slowly I will switch to  using Zelle, but since a few of my clients still pay me via paypal  that will take some time. 

Login to Me Too

Serena3
Contributor
Contributor

I finally recieved a refund but from the VIsa card that paypal had transferred the purchase to.NowI wonder of payapl also chrged my bank account ? As we have all realized by now , Paypal s not our friend when it comes to buying things, somethingI will NEVER use paypal for ever agaon .ANnd slowly I will switch to  using Zelle, but since a few of my clients still pay me via paypal  that will take some time. 

Login to Me Too

Lyneve
Contributor
Contributor
You've given me hope and the energy to continue this with PP👍👍
Login to Me Too

holychow
New Community Member
I purchased the King size Farmer quilt on November 13 for a Christmas present. I sent 3 emails and got jumbled answer to 1. I received a tracking number from DHL pay pal. Keeps showing waiting on package. I want my money back!
Login to Me Too

Beckydlany
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal also gave me phony tracking number. Their way of escaping responsibility for further perpetuating this scam. They will not refund my money and closed my dispute with no way to re open. Paypal has the worst customer service ever. Only generate auto replies. If you wait two hrs to talk to a real person they just lie and give you a line of BS. Waiting fir a good competitor to come along and put them out of businesd.
Login to Me Too

Dawavecraver
New Community Member
I am in the process of trying to get my money back. What a scam. As someone has stated, why is PayPal still allowing this company to use them. I’m not very hopeful after reading the other replies.
Login to Me Too

jennstecker

Ordered 2 quilts black Friday weekend 2018. The images they show where amazing. I thought I was getting a great deal. Paid through paypal. I emailed them several time about the status of the quilts as they were Christmas gifts. Only response was we are working on it. Finally contacted my bank about a refund. They credited me back the money. Then I contacted paypal. Paypal reviewed the the emails and such and refunded the bank back. 2 months later finally got one of the quilts in the mail. IT IS ATROCIOUS. Not a quilt at all. it is just printed on a piece of material which is all blurry and not even padded. The two thin pieces are sewn together in a quilted pattern. Nothing spectacular. PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. IT IS A WASTE OF MONEY. Glad I got a refund.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.