Scam Alert for Doubody Website

golfntt57
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! Has anyone experienced a scam with a website called "Doubody"? Everything seemed legit, but I should have researched the site before ordering. The seller is actually named YuMin <removed> and is in China. I filed a dispute and escalated it to a claim with Paypal but thus far, nothing has been done to alleviate the matter. After waiting for weeks, I finally received a tracking number from the seller. I waited a few more weeks and finally received a two-ounce plastic envelope containing three paper face masks. The item I was supposed to receive was Garmin Fishfinder. Okay, stop laughing! LOL! The only reason the seller provided a tracking number was so he/she could submit it to Paypal and buy themselves more time. Please Beware - the Doubody Website, which by the way, shows and address in Nebraska, is a SCAM!!! DO NOT ORDER!!!

Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

GreenAzGator
I also fell for Doubody. I ordered a Lews baitcaster in early May. I received tracking info and the package sat in China for 6 weeks. Received 3 face coverings yesterday. I have asked about a refund and also got the 60% answer. Filed a claim with PP and waiting on the results. DO NOT BUY from Doubody.
Login to Me Too

gt500s
Contributor
Contributor

YES DOUBODY IS A SCAM SITE!!!! Just took me over 2 months to get corrected since it was through paypal credit which is Synchrony bank (dont recommend) only use paypal regular account..Bought fishing reels and was sent 3 face mask just so he can show a shipping label and tracking.Worst scam artist in China STAY AWAY FROM DOUBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I canceled my paypal credit account since they wont stand behind you or your purchases since it is handled by Synchrony bank..

@Links to members,content

Login to Me Too

Twistedtech
Contributor
Contributor

The idiot tried to settle with me saying it was a logistics problem.  I received masks instead of a winch anchor.  Paypal gave me back 100% of my money!  I can't believe the site is still up.  

Login to Me Too

Vinsonsd1871
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing here. Ordered 2 fishing reels on May 9to the tune of $101. Got a tracking number that did nothing till today Jul 20. Received 3 cheap masks today. PayPal is impossible to contact and my guess is they will let them get away with it.
Login to Me Too

gt500s
Contributor
Contributor
Only way to contact PayPal is to use there message center and open a topic or claim you can't call they suck and won't answer He offered a partial refund of 101.00 when I paid 111.76 I refused and though PayPal was crazy for allowing him to offer that Also he said to return mask if I wanted a refund is this guy crazy ? He's a jerk and PayPal is no help but on Amazon
Login to Me Too

Temp20200722

I have the same issue. Ordered 2 fishing reels and received three dust masks . I was offer a partial refund and refused as well. Good luck with getting anyone at PAYPAL to answer the phone they are horrible.

Login to Me Too

Jsquez
I had the same thing happen but I made 2 orders first one was 2 Daiwa Lexa 400 the other was a simrad fishfinder.. figured it was a scam from the beginning but figured it was worth the risk bc paypal is supposed to have fraud protection.. filed a claim after I recived 2 packages of mask and PayPal kept pushing it back after I sent them photos of my purchase order emails ect.. 6 or 7 weeks later I see a notice when I log in that day the claim did not go in your favor... not only is doubody a fraud but PayPal supports them.. i lost 187 on this deal should have used my credit card directly probably would have got my money back...
Login to Me Too

buckskin1

I got ripped off, too!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.