Scam Alert for Doubody Website

golfntt57
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! Has anyone experienced a scam with a website called "Doubody"? Everything seemed legit, but I should have researched the site before ordering. The seller is actually named YuMin <removed> and is in China. I filed a dispute and escalated it to a claim with Paypal but thus far, nothing has been done to alleviate the matter. After waiting for weeks, I finally received a tracking number from the seller. I waited a few more weeks and finally received a two-ounce plastic envelope containing three paper face masks. The item I was supposed to receive was Garmin Fishfinder. Okay, stop laughing! LOL! The only reason the seller provided a tracking number was so he/she could submit it to Paypal and buy themselves more time. Please Beware - the Doubody Website, which by the way, shows and address in Nebraska, is a SCAM!!! DO NOT ORDER!!!

Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

Saramcclung
New Community Member
I ordered 50.00 camping gear. They sent paper face Mack with tracking. PayPal denied the dispute.
Login to Me Too

liquidtravel
Contributor
Contributor

why did they deny dispute?  You should send them this thread.  that is what I did and the approved immediately. 

Login to Me Too

gt500s
Contributor
Contributor
I used PayPal credit which is not PayPal but sycrony bank that's why PayPal didn't do anything they did not let me kbiwt this untill after 50 messages. Do I guess the bank took care of it although its showing as an open case still?! I closed my pp credit account buying way more now on Amazon
Login to Me Too

gt500s
Contributor
Contributor
Did you use PayPal credit? This could be the issue just like I had PayPal credit is synchrony bank not paypal
Login to Me Too

liquidtravel
Contributor
Contributor

I received a full refund.  My case was still pending so I called to let them know about this thread and tell them they should close this vendor's account.  They approved my refund on the spot.  You all should call in and ask to get your refunds now. 

Login to Me Too

Billstglmn
New Community Member
I think we should combine all our complaints about this company and file a suit against them or pay pal ( for allowing them to continue the uae of pay pal on there site). If there are so may complaint, how come they still continue to have a site with pay pal as a method of payment? This is beyond frustrating and more and more people will fall victim to it.
Login to Me Too

Twistedtech
Contributor
Contributor
I'm game for a lawsuit!!!!
Login to Me Too

gt500s
Contributor
Contributor
Why is his site still up and running! If you search there are similar sites like his from China but with fake usa address and phony number
Login to Me Too

Vinsonsd1871
Contributor
Contributor
I've called and messaged no response from PayPal. Keep getting disconnected with the message "we can't help you with this" I can only assume they have one person answering the phone for the entire company.
Login to Me Too

SquireReed
Contributor
Contributor

Ordered a MinnKota trolling moter. One month later, I received 3 disposable face masks. That way they were able to provide a tracking number. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!!! Now they say I will receive a 60% refund only if I drop the complaint with PayPal, absolutely not! I'll never see it, and everyone is paying dearly for 3 face masks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.