Scalen Store?

dancin5
Contributor
Contributor
I placed an order through Scalen Store online. My Paypal receipt shows a payment to Thieu Xuan Hai. I called PayPal. They gave me an email address to contact this person. I can’t get a response from them. Afraid I’ve been scammed!!
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dancin5 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dancin5 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

billdemIV
Contributor
Contributor

I just bought something from him too. Have you heard from him? I hope this isn't a scam. 

Login to Me Too

dancin5
Contributor
Contributor
Not one word!! So I called PayPal and opened a dispute
Login to Me Too

GregNYC
Contributor
Contributor
Same problem attempted to call the toll free # on the website but the number is bad, emailed and no response, attempted to do a google search of the location listed for Scalen store and it doesnt exist on google maps... My concern is the items might be knock off goods if they arrive. I opened a dispute with Pay Pal.
Login to Me Too

Ajbambi
Contributor
Contributor

I tries to return the product. Called and emailed. Both not valid. I returned the item per the instructions on the website at my expense and the post office sent it back “not a valid address.”  PayPal and my baby won't do anything. I’m out the sisters of the product and my shipping costs. 

Login to Me Too

GregNYC
Contributor
Contributor
Same problem attempted to call the toll free # on the website but the number is bad, emailed and no response, attempted to do a google search of the location listed for Scalen store and it doesnt exist on google maps... My concern is the items might be knock off goods if they arrive. I opened a dispute with Pay Pal
Login to Me Too

beverly98
Contributor
Contributor

Received my product today Sat Dec 7.Don't know how this all came together. Never heard from seller. Product was shipped from Bed Bath and Beyond. It appears to be in original box and packing. Should I be concerned this is legit. Should I do anything else.

Login to Me Too

Ajbambi
Contributor
Contributor

This business is definitely questionable, and Paypal won't do anything about it.   With all this questionable information about the seller, Paypal still represents the seller.   I don't think I will ever order thru Paypal  if they don't vet the companies they represent

Login to Me Too

Kylewelch
New Community Member
Same thing happened to me. I’ve sent 4 or 5 emails to the website with no responses, I’ve also had no luck with the phone number listed on the site. This has to be a scam.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.