Samsung Pay hacked?

Kaitgw69
Contributor
Contributor

I have a BIG problem, I don't use Samsung Pay and have no link to PayPal from my phone. Now someone is using Samsung Pay in Mexico to buy tuition, pays for utilities and so on. I reported after the first 2 charges to PayPal and they opened a case only to close the case after 2 days saying all is fine and they will not refund! Then the next day 2 more charges were posted (yes I changed passwords and all!).  and again I filed a dispute only for PayPal to deny a refund!

I have not been in Mexico, can show I never used Samsung Pay .. How can I stop this and how can I convince PayPal that they are helping to steal money from me (more than 400 USD!!)

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

LotharLives
Contributor
Contributor
I called Samsung and they acknowledged the issue. Waiting for help from yhem and the bsnk ad PayPal refuses
Login to Me Too

Kaitgw69
Contributor
Contributor
What number did you use to call Samsung?
Login to Me Too

LotharLives
Contributor
Contributor

<removed>

Login to Me Too

Kaitgw69
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks!
Login to Me Too

LotharLives
Contributor
Contributor
My fraudulent charges were to someplace called Itesm Sistema. It might help to know if your charges were from the same place.
Login to Me Too

Jjohndoe
Contributor
Contributor
Open the app, and it should be in settings. Good luck tho, they pretty much deny any wrongdoing, and claim they have no control over your money/account they are just a pay service.
Login to Me Too

milkypotatoes
Contributor
Contributor
This literally just happened to me like 15 minutes ago. Two hispanic companies somehow made two charges for .51 cents each two minutes apart from each other. My PayPal account is connected to Samsung Pay. As soon as I got the notifications I removed PayPal off of Samsung pay and disabled Samsung Pay altogether. Not going to chance this. I'm not sure if there's a hacker among us but I will not be waiting to find out, and I most certainly will not waste my time complaining to PayPal only to get told there's nothing that can be done.
Login to Me Too

Kaitgw69
Contributor
Contributor
Yes Sistema, MexVax And CEA WRO Web1. MexVax was the 0.37 cents test balloon they used I guess ... Wonder why PayPal doesn't acknowledges this ..
Login to Me Too

LotharLives
Contributor
Contributor

Yes,  I had the exact same charges.  And I don't see anything in my Samsung Pay order history.  I don't see how that can be.  Also, how did the hacker make a Samsung Mobile charge without having my PIN Code?  I'm going through my bank and Samsung Pay since PayPal won't help.  What's even more sad about PayPal is that I have personal activity and location history tracked through Google (thank you Google for tracking my every step!!) and PayPal will have nothing to do with it.  They won't let me submit documentation as evidence to support my case.  They won't let me communicate with their dispute team.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.