Safecharge

narrcoly
Contributor
Contributor

Like many others here I have been charged $19.99USD for Safecharge Digital Limited - Traditional Woman. Date April 3 2020.  Hopefully someone will inform us what this  is all about.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

13jinxed13
Contributor
Contributor

I have filed a dispute for the Safecharge Digital Limited charge of $300 twice and both times Paypal deemed the charge not to be unauthorized.  I filed a fraud with my bank and I have removed all of my credit cards and ATM cards from my PayPal account.  I have also opened a checking account that will have minimal funds $50 max in it to replace my payment accounts on Paypal in case I have to use Paypal in the future.  My payments to Paypal for my line of credit will be transferred to the new bank account and paid out of the new account.  I also posted the issue in a community paper in my neighborhood and numerous comments from people in my area replied that they had the same problem with PayPal when they have disputed a charge and they are also not using PayPal because of problems getting unauthorized charges refunded to their accounts.  When making payments for merchandise, there are other options beside PayPal.  What they obviously fail to take into account is that when you check PayPal when ordering online from merchants, you are transferred to PayPal to log in and make the payment, then PayPal transfers you back to the merchant's site to complete the purchase.  At that point, a merchant can enter any shipping address they choose and any recipient they choose or none at all and keep the money you were charged.  

Login to Me Too

13jinxed13
Contributor
Contributor

I forgot to mention that Safecharge Digital Limited and all of the companies it is associated with have multiple complaints against them on the internet.  Anything out of Cyprus I would avoid doing business with as many scam companies are listed as being based out of Cyprus.  I'd use extreme caution if ordering anything from out of the country until you check online for complaints against the merchant you are trying to order from.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.