STINGERM.com. Beware of ordering from them. Probable Fraudulent Web

Mpcar1
New Community Member

I ordered puzzles from STINGERM.com website.  I payed with what looks likes a legit PayPal transaction page.  My bank account was charged and I have yet to receive puzzles.  All emails to both STINGERM.com customer service and the vendor that received funds have gone unanswered.

Where is the old PayPal fraud page that handled such things?

I would not recommend for anyone to place an order through STINGERM.com.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

Jeff81112222332
New Community Member
Yes this site is scam fraudulent!!! I bought over $100 of stuff and they sent me tracking number through PayPal I checked usps with this number and it was not my name or address it was fake or they stole usps tracking numbers as well. I contacted them 20 time no response. Did more research says ip is in Kansas USA but server based out of Germany but the name that took my money was Chinese. So, they have jumping url/ip locations. Very realistic site but apparently fraud/scam site.
Login to Me Too

pixseal
Contributor
Contributor

My order with stingerm.com was for $52.26 pain thru Paypal.  Somehow, a charge of $60.00 showed up on Paypal.  Paypal says that since my account was not hacked, they let the $60 go through. 

Somehow, stingerm managed to fool me, although I am *extremely* careful with my on-line transactions.  I always log into Paypal directly on another Firefox tab and never through a link from the merchant.  But I still changed my PP password right after I saw the fraudulent charge.

OK, $7.74 is nothing to cry about, but DO NOT order from stingerm.

Login to Me Too

pixseal
Contributor
Contributor

Additional information about my transaction:  stingerm.com updated the Paypal transaction with a tracking number.  This tracking number was for a delivery in my ZIP code the *day before our transaction* and not to my address.  Somehow they are obtaining real tracking numbers and matching zip codes to simulate a real shipment. 

I have asked my local post office to email me proof that it was not to my address, so that I can forward that info to Paypal.  I have also opened up a case with the postal inspectors office - this is a HUGE problem that any scammer can take advantage of - if they can't stop the leak of shipping numbers.

I'm going through all of this to get back just $60, but I'm an honest guy and I don't want anyone else to get taken -- and I've got time on my hands.

Login to Me Too

Jessescott81
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing here. I ordered 100$ in Star Wars toys . Got a confirmation email with a tracking number from something I bought months ago. I filed a claim on July 30. I googled the website and everything came back legit. After I filed the claim the page shut down . While researching the site I came across another called Eapadrie.com. It looked exactly like stingerm. Now it’s gone too. I was soo excited! I thought I found an online store that wasn’t sold out of everything and the prices weren’t outrageous. I hope these fools go to jail.
Login to Me Too

Marysag
New Community Member
My experience has been negative with a Stingerm order. I placed an order for a toy, two days later had a Paypal notice of a tracking number that indicated it arrived at my address the day before. Since it could not have, I checked their website which said the order is “in process”. I have sent several emails asking about it over the last three weeks with no reply. The payment went thru to a Chinese company. I doubt it exists. The price for this item was too good to be true. I should have suspected. Now I’m probably out $50. Will try to open a dispute with PayPal and my credit card. Wish me luck.
Login to Me Too

pixseal
Contributor
Contributor

Open a fraud case with Paypal.  Contact your local Post Office and ask them to verify the actual shipping address for the tracking number.  My Paypal charges were eventually refunded.

Login to Me Too

Xochitl0922
Contributor
Contributor
STINGERM.COM is Potentially a Fraudulent website. Refrain from ordering from this site.
Login to Me Too

temp20200807b
Contributor
Contributor
This is exactly what I was looking for a month ago... found figures that I had wanted for more than half the price of what they’re going for. Thank God I used PayPal. I unfortunately ordered from them twice and now have to fight that other transaction. The sight may be down now since the link won’t load anymore
Login to Me Too

Jessescott81
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered Star Wars figures from them too. The prices had me so excited that I found a website that hasn’t been poached. I almost ordered more the nxt day. I’m glad I talked myself into waiting. Once I sent 6 emails that had no reply I figured it was a scam. When I googled the stingerm site it said the page was too new to know for sure and none of these PayPal complaints were on google yet. I just found them today after checking the PayPal resolution center. It looks like we all got scammed at the same time. I found another site with the exact same set up but under the Eapadrie.com. I’m assuming it’s ran by the same ppl because it was taken down the same day stinger was.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.