STILL CONFUSED ABOUT NEXT STEP

moombat1
Contributor
Contributor

HAI

THE SELLER HAS ASKED ME TO CONFIRM IS I ACCEPT 80% REFUND DUE TO THE DELAY IN ITEM RETURNING TO THEM. TRACKING CLEARLY SHOWS ITEM ARRIVED BACK AT THE SELLERS ADDRESS AFTER FAILED DELIVERY TO MY ADDRESS. IN CLEAR TERMS ITEM WAS NEVER DELIVERED TO MY ADDRESS.

NOW AM LOOKING TO CLOSE THIS BAD EPISODE. MY QUESTION IS SELLER ASKED ME TO CONFIRM IF I ACCEPT 80% REFUND IN PAYPAL MESSAGE. I SENT MY RESPONSE OF ACCEPTANCE BUT SELLERS HAS BEEN QUITE 2 DAYS NOW. DO I ESCALATE OR JUST WAIT FOR THE REFUND. WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@moombat1

Why would you accept 80% for an item you didn't get?

If it was not delivered and that was not your fault then file a dispute for non receipt of item and escalate it to a claim for a full refund.

If he can't prove trackable proof of delivery to you then he would normally lose.

Don't let it go past 20 days before you escalate or the dispute will time out.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@moombat1

If you are not happy with his 'offer' then escalate.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

moombat1
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks I am actually happy with his offers which I admitted in PayPal messages to him. But sellers in not refunding.Sellers actual message was I need your confirmation that you accept 80% refund. My reply was yes I accept the 80% refund Just minutes after sellers text but sellers has since remained silent. I even sent seller another message confirming that am okay with the offer but still no response.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@moombat1

Why would you accept 80% for an item you didn't get?

If it was not delivered and that was not your fault then file a dispute for non receipt of item and escalate it to a claim for a full refund.

If he can't prove trackable proof of delivery to you then he would normally lose.

Don't let it go past 20 days before you escalate or the dispute will time out.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

moombat1
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks I actually accepted the 80% offer as seller claimed item delayed returning back to him something USPS couldn't properly explain to me either. Tracking now shows item was received by the seller. Thanks for the information.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.