STAR STOOL is actually this scam Chinese company in partnership with PayPal.

49onedrum
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a bike seat through STAR STOOL. I soon as I paid through PayPal, the invoice stated the company receiving my order was " JINZHOU NETWORK TECHNOLOGY CO." real similar to the last fake Chinese company that tried to rip me off, I told them to cancel the order. STARSTOOL said the order had already been placed and I should receive it any day....5 minutes after ordering it. I never got the item even though their international tracking number said it was delivered to my town, not my address, but my town, at an address 6 miles from me.

After 4 months of navigating PayPal's elusive customer service, I was told to get a INTRANET FORM  3811-A from the USPS. I did, and my local post office filled it out and stamped it.

This was not enough, because now PayPal wanted an INTRANET FORM for the USPS tracking number, which is different from the International tracking number. I downloaded another INTRANET FORM form the USPS website and had to get that one filled out and stamped.

I finally got my money back. If I were not retired, with a little extra time on my hands, all this BS would have been impossible.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

49onedrum
Contributor
Contributor
Being in Ireland I would not really know what to tell you. You must show PayPal that the post office never delivered it to YOUR address. You'll notice that if you received a tracking number notice that your address is not on that notice. The scam company tells PayPal..."see here's the tracking number and it was delivered". But not to your house and not the item you ordered. It's nearly a full time job. I'm retired so I had time to do it. Don't let them close your case, which they will do over the least little thing. Keep asking what else they need. Get the delivery company involved, whoever it is, they know the scam exists. Our Post Office was a great help, they knew exactly what form to fill out (the intranet form) but I had to download it from their site. Sorry I could not help more. PayPal insists that if people are getting **bleep** they should file a dispute, then they fight you at every turn. You just got to keep trying. Good Luck!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Temp20230107ap
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @49onedrum How did you get your refund? I am in the same boat and PayPal refuse to return my money. I have given PayPal info on 2 tracking numbers provided to me by scammer showing they originated 2 days apart in China weeks before I ever contacted scammer. This is obviously impossible. I have also provided them email from courier company stating that one of the tracking numbers was delivered to someone else (it was a tracking number that had to be signed for) I am in Ireland and don't know what "INTRANET FORM  3811-A" or "INTRANET FORM" is. Thanks

Login to Me Too
Solved

49onedrum
Contributor
Contributor
Being in Ireland I would not really know what to tell you. You must show PayPal that the post office never delivered it to YOUR address. You'll notice that if you received a tracking number notice that your address is not on that notice. The scam company tells PayPal..."see here's the tracking number and it was delivered". But not to your house and not the item you ordered. It's nearly a full time job. I'm retired so I had time to do it. Don't let them close your case, which they will do over the least little thing. Keep asking what else they need. Get the delivery company involved, whoever it is, they know the scam exists. Our Post Office was a great help, they knew exactly what form to fill out (the intranet form) but I had to download it from their site. Sorry I could not help more. PayPal insists that if people are getting **bleep** they should file a dispute, then they fight you at every turn. You just got to keep trying. Good Luck!
Login to Me Too

altendky
Contributor
Contributor

I don't think anybody will notice but I did try to publicize this slightly more.  https://twitter.com/altendky/status/1356606030311002114  I don't tweet much at all so probably meaningless.  That said, I did get an instant permanent credit when I filed a trivial dispute with my credit card company.  PayPal clearly didn't even research this situation given that multiple other people have reported the same company here on PayPal's own forum...  *sigh*  so much for my over twenty year history with PayPal.  They definitely are failing at handling this one.

Even aside from the fact this is an obvious scam, it took three months after delivery for the company to produce tracking information which leaves me with _no_ chance of getting anywhere on dealing with it.  That alone ought to make the recipient of the payment lose.

Login to Me Too

Tim_AU
New Community Member
Glad to hear someone is trying to do something a little bit bigger about this Scam. So much for PayPal buyer protection. I produced a document from Australia post clearly explaining the tracking detail was false in my dispute and PayPal still resolved the dispute in the Sellers favour! What the heck? Did they even read it? Seems as soon as they see tracking info, false or legitimate doesnt matter (must be seller is doing the right thing?). Have a closer look PayPal, all these people aren't on the wrong side of this dispute. The fact that multiple buyers have disputed the seller to dispute should be reason enough to actually have a closer look... Altendky, What did you say to your credit card company when the payment went through PayPal how did they credit it?...
Login to Me Too

altendky
Contributor
Contributor

I have my credit card attached to PayPal and used it as the source of the funds.  As such, I had an entry for the purchase in my credit card history.  I disputed that and was immediately, as in when the next page loaded, given the money back etc.  I was all prepared to write up an explanation but did not end up needing too.

As always, best of luck to all.

Cheers,

-kyle

Login to Me Too

PMessias
New Community Member

I also have the same problem, but I pay manually so I think I will never see the money...after I ask the refund, I just receive this info

"We are so sorry for what happened, your order has been sent back from your custom few days ago. We already resent it to you, please wait for the new status , our system will update it for you. Have a nice day."

Login to Me Too

mechtild-2008
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, Mechtild here.  I had the exact same experience with this company.  I purchased a bicycle seat online in August, no tracking number, no shipping confirmation forthcoming.  I kept emailing the seller who kept telling me it was en route, tracking number coming, etc.  I kept nagging until a month later they sent me a tracking number.  Lo, in the end of September I checked the tracking number and it said it had been delivered.  But there was nothing there.  I emailed the company, I called the post office, I spoke to the carrier.  Nothing.  I went to the post office in person to have the tracking number checked.  It was a real tracking number, and a package corresponding to it had been delivered, but to another address in the city, not to me.  Back to emailing the company over and over.  They said they would resend it.  Again, no tracking number or confirmation of shipping email was sent.  Finally in December I initiated a claim to PayPal.  They said contact the company.  When nothing came of that, I finally got PayPal to start a claim process.  Lo, Jan. 8, for the first time since I had begun asking about the supposed re-send in September, the company sent me a tracking number.  Looking it up, it said the package was delivered October 23.  October 23, and they weren't able to send me a tracking number until Jan. 8.  Well, no package was delivered here October 23.  On Feb. 2, Paypal said they were refusing the claim because the company had provided a tracking number with USPS saying it was delivered.  Well, it wasn't delivered to ME, I insisted to PayPal.  They said get an Intranet form from USPS, filled out, and send them a copy.  I did that, standing in a long line, again, to be told that a package corresponding to that tracking number had indeed been delivered October 23, but to another address in a different part of town.   I wrote to PayPal claims again, attaching the Intranet form.  On Feb. 17 I got the same refusal letter from PayPal, on the grounds that the package had been delivered.  I wrote back, did they not look at the Intranet form I sent?  It was not for my address!  Send us the Intranet form again, said the PayPal rep, which I did immediately.  It is now March 23, more than a month later.  No further reply from PayPal.  After seven months I am sick of fighting this.  PayPal has won.  I am beaten down.  But I removed PayPal as the payee on all my internet buying platforms and hope never to use them again.  As for scam Chinese company selling the StarStool (or, rather PRETENDING to sell it), that is a lesson too.  I will never again purchase something that is from an independent seller, a seller not under the umbrella of a reputable company like Amazon or eBay or other selling platforms I use, companies that vet their sellers and come to your assistance when there is a problem.  PayPal has been evasive and outright obstructive.  They don't deserve customers' loyalty.  --Mechtild  

Login to Me Too

49onedrum
Contributor
Contributor
I had to get 2 Intranet forms. One for the international tracking number, and one for the USPS. PayPal knows damn well this is a scam company, yet drags their customers through the routine and act as if it's never happened before. I'm sure they'll do well without ny business.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.