SOZT SCAM

divxalex
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered from SOZT a pair of shoes for 29.95$

First they never sent a dispatch confirmation. Then after I contacted paypal, I was sent a tracking number.

When I received the package, though, instead of a box with a pair of shoes I received a small flat envelope 20x12cm  with the given tracking number on it.

Not opened yet (will do with camera for proof).

After a little research I found that SOZT collects the money from buyers and then sends items of no value .

A few victims like me can be found testifying their experience here:

<removed>

My question is: How can I be protected and get a full refund for not receiving my order but a useless piece of crap instead.

Many thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

JJugon360
Contributor
Contributor
I have been the victim of the same scam, I ordered a backpack and received a helmet of much lower value.
Paypal has not covered me since there is a delivery number.
Login to Me Too

divxalex
Contributor
Contributor

Scam companies like SOZT take advantage of the paypal regulations.

So, when you are about to receive a certain item and the package you see does is much different, don' accept it and let it return as non-delivered to the scam seller. It's the only solution.

It's a pity that paypal does not recognize the scam and accepts the tracking info for crappy items that do not match the purchase's description.

I hope this changes soon...

Login to Me Too

Rexer2003
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks a bunch PayPal. Same thing here. Ordered a marshall guitar amp key holder and received the cheap rubbish headphones. I supplied PayPal with links to all the threads I could find talking about them being a fraud but they told me I had to return the item at my cost. £26 for tracked delivery to China.
Login to Me Too

LisaLisa2
Contributor
Contributor
Same product I ordered..Marshall Amp key ring holder..If you look at the tracking carefully,its very neatly updated every 2 days to the letter..Its strange..Its almost like the mail service is also a scam.. PayPal need to ban this company
Login to Me Too

Rene27
New Community Member
How do I get my money back?
Login to Me Too

Evilisa
Same problem here, and totally none assistance from PayPal, even if I provided all the info and the proof needed. I'm going to procede with a legal.
Login to Me Too

scorpionslair

We have had the same problem here. We opened a dispute and PayPal sided with the seller. It is hard for us to understand that a multi billion dollar company like PayPal hasn't got the ability to even google the seller to see what their company is all about. I have yet to see a reply from PayPal, commenting on the seller in the forums page. We to are seeking legal. For my liking, for PayPal to consistently side with this scam, is verification that they to are part of the scam. So much for "buyer protection"

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.