SOS! Hacked eBay PayPal Gmail accounts, money spent on game codes.

kodrazen
Contributor
Contributor

Hello to All,

After reading your answers to different cases with hacked accounts, I just felt it would be useful to share my bad experience that lasted during May 2020.
Somebody hacked my eBay, PayPal and Gmail accounts (i don't know by which order) and spent about 6000 $ buying game codes and gift e-cards (150-200 transactios were made during 3-4 weeks).
I reported my case as unauthorized access to the Bank (they blocked my debit card linked to PayPal), PayPal adn eBay (they also overtook and recommended necessary security measures I followed) and to the local police.
PayPal responded there was no unauthorized case (no further explanation), eBay said PayPal is the only address to ask for backcharge, my bank said the same (they added it cannot be their fault if have broken their rules by giving number of the card to the third party - PayPal).
What are my realistic options to get my money back? What are the actions I would do?

Thanks for your help.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kodrazen
Contributor
Contributor
Update: PayPal re-evaluated the case and it was accepted as an unauthorized case. About 100 transactions have been already covered, waiting for 38 remaining to be paid back too.
Login to Me Too

kodrazen
Contributor
Contributor

Update 2: All money has been reversed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.