SHMH Network Technology Co., Ltd. FRAUDULENT TRANSACTION

DeParis75016
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I want to share my experience I bought a dress on a website fashionluyao dot com Because only they had the dress that I had been looking for, for the New Year’s Eve. After paying 554 dollars, I feel something weird. By reading word by word their policy, I realize they have another email address about refund. So I google the address of that email add by typing only the website part, after @, which is livebyb. So this is another website for clothing, and has 98% same policy with same phrases. So it’s clearly copy-pasted website. (Ref. From website - Late or missing refunds (if applicable) If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again. Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted. Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted. If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at [...]. Please contact our Customer service at [...] to get the returned address.) Of course, I called many times to talk about my order with somebody with the number they share on the website. However very scary man voice appears in between voice mail intro. I sent twice of emails to fashionluyao, and once to the seller’s email address which is shown on my paypal transaction detail. Before they disappear, I would like to let proofs here about these weird companies which are both owned by SHMH Network Technology Co., Ltd. ** According to the website which scan if the url is to avoid, the server of fashionluy** is located near Toronto, in Canada and this domain has been created 11/29/2019. That is very recent. After some research, it seems exactly same as Xi' an Orderplus Network Technology Co., Ltd I called them, I wrote them. Nobody answered. And my money’s gone. Please let me dispute my transaction and have my money back, PayPal.

Login to Me Too
75 REPLIES 75

KBirdsong

Just tried to, they require that you wait until 30 days after you placed your order.

Login to Me Too

k8empire
Contributor
Contributor
Their new website is frailme.com Just got scammed too
Login to Me Too

joes65
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal needs to step in and stop all payment services to SHMHNetwork Ltd for operating a fraudulent website and scamming money from customers. China is full of scam artists operating these sites in the US. I got my bank/credit card working to get my refund back thru Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Austinf23
Contributor
Contributor
I was just scammed by this seller email SMH Network Technology Co., LTD also on 12/21 PayPal email Pinkygupta This time they were using a website called Causefamily.com which was a Christmas sweater website powered by Shopify. I visited the site and signed up for their email list, the next thing I know I receive an email from Shopify and Paypal saying I made a purchas for $187 for a pair of Yeezy Sneakers from this user. Further research on Google has many forums and websites listing this user as a scammer. It is rediculous that Paypal and Shopify who we are supposed to trust have scammers taking peoples money over and over again and still letting them do it. I didn't even make a purchase on the site and somehow they used my account to make this purchase and the money was taken from my bank account immediately and right before Christmas! I reported this to Paypal ASAP and opened a dispute for Unauthorized Use and hours later PayPal sided with the seller and said it was authorized when it clearly wasn't. Unfortunately this happened on Saturday and it's now Sunday so I'm unable to reach my bank until Monday. I am baffled that PayPal denied my dispute and I called them right back and they are now opening a new dispute for Item not received. On both phones calls the PayPal representatives are helpful and sound like they clearly understand that I'm being scammed but then my first dispute was denied. This happened on the 21st I'm hoping somehow I can have my money returned before Christmas. How much luck has everyone else had with PayPal regarding this scammer? I don't like this because it feels like PayPal is now untrustworthy. Please Help!
Login to Me Too

joes65
Contributor
Contributor

I would also file a complaint to the FTC to keep this  scam artist from ripping consumers off thru their various sites. Paypal is liable for continuing to provide pay services to a known scammer.

Login to Me Too

Austinf23
Contributor
Contributor
I definitely will. I wish that PayPal was more reliable but I agree I'm going to reach out to all available resources.
Login to Me Too

adonahue7717
Contributor
Contributor

well i wish i had done my due diligence and researched this topic before i place my order. $90 for sneakers that i am convinced that i will never see. obviously this company is operating under a number of different fraudulent sites, my $90 went to "fashionssj.com" and like many above, i received the order confirmation same day and have had no response to numerous emails to <removed> and <removed> and phone calls t[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]regarding the status of my order. i have filled the dispute today with paypal, but thanks to the many messages above my next call will be to my bank. it is unfortunate that paypal has let this go on this long, there is an obvious pattern regarding shmh network technology.

good luck to all!

Login to Me Too

Aliapplesauce
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal also denied my dispute. I had to call them, was put on hold for 20 minutes, but finally got the dispute escalated. However, I still have not recieved a refund for over $300 😕 I was told I had to wait 11 days from the time I filed the dispute ( Dec 10th ) for the seller to get back to PayPal... it’s now December 23rd and this issue still isn’t resolved! Apparently now I have to wait until December 29th! I am so confused as to how this can even happen! I know I’ve said this before but how can PayPal and Shopify allow these obvious fraudulent websites to use their platform?! They should be ashamed and issuing refunds immediately! They should also be investigating more thoroughly into these fraud websites... I mean all of us here have already done most of the work for them! It’s obvious that all of these websites are operated by the same deceiving China based criminals!!!
Login to Me Too

DeParis75016
Contributor
Contributor
Did you contact your bank ? What did they say ? In my case, once bank decided to file the case with me, I called immediately to let PayPal know, and apparently they knew already that my bank had just filed the case. And meanwhile bank credited the dispute amount during the investigation. Then like 24-48h later PayPal decided to give a refund (which would go to my bank, not me since I have already got refunded by the bank) From the scam to refund, this whole happening lasted exactly 10 days. So you should also talk about this community website as proof. I really hope you get refunded as soon as possible.
Login to Me Too

Austinf23
Contributor
Contributor
I posted on here earlier, I was scammed on the 21st by this user on the site causefamily.com. I immediately contacted PayPal and had to wait until Monday the 23rd to contact my bank. PayPal denied me for Unauthorized use so I called back and they assured me that item not received was the best method. I'm reading from most posts that the bank is really what has come through with resolving things not PayPal. An Update for me that I'm worries about: today the 26th I receive an email from "causefamily" with tracking from China although I had emailed their support ASAP to cancel my order and this wasn't authorized I got kick-back emails from gmail saying the email was invalid. Now this same invalid email sends me tracking information. I don't want what ever counterfeit product they send I just want my money refunded. Has anyone else received tracking info or even an item from this seller? And we're you able to get a refund?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.