SHMH Network Technology Co., Ltd. FRAUDULENT TRANSACTION

DeParis75016
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I want to share my experience I bought a dress on a website fashionluyao dot com Because only they had the dress that I had been looking for, for the New Year’s Eve. After paying 554 dollars, I feel something weird. By reading word by word their policy, I realize they have another email address about refund. So I google the address of that email add by typing only the website part, after @, which is livebyb. So this is another website for clothing, and has 98% same policy with same phrases. So it’s clearly copy-pasted website. (Ref. From website - Late or missing refunds (if applicable) If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again. Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted. Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted. If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at [...]. Please contact our Customer service at [...] to get the returned address.) Of course, I called many times to talk about my order with somebody with the number they share on the website. However very scary man voice appears in between voice mail intro. I sent twice of emails to fashionluyao, and once to the seller’s email address which is shown on my paypal transaction detail. Before they disappear, I would like to let proofs here about these weird companies which are both owned by SHMH Network Technology Co., Ltd. ** According to the website which scan if the url is to avoid, the server of fashionluy** is located near Toronto, in Canada and this domain has been created 11/29/2019. That is very recent. After some research, it seems exactly same as Xi' an Orderplus Network Technology Co., Ltd I called them, I wrote them. Nobody answered. And my money’s gone. Please let me dispute my transaction and have my money back, PayPal.

Login to Me Too
75 REPLIES 75

BJRamos
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal does not care, PayPal gets their fees even though they facilitate the transfer of money from accounts even if they know that these are scams, they claim that they only act as intermediaries and they are not responsible, or care to even help. 

Login to Me Too

joes65
Contributor
Contributor

Yes.  The website colormemory.shopify doesn't exist anymore as well. Go figure. Was a scam.

Login to Me Too

Kyost
Contributor
Contributor
I think I’m having the same problem! Found a jumpsuit and ordered from Thecdesign which says is based out of New York! I don’t see anything in my charge from overseas but still haven’t received anything about shipping. So disgraceful
Login to Me Too

jamafir
Contributor
Contributor

Yep - me too. I ordered something 12.6.19 (5:30pm) - transaction of money went immediately. Haven't heard a single thing since then. The phone number is weird. I've called it. You have to state your name & it will see if you can be connected - um, no. Not doing that. I keep calling though. In the meantime, I email the address listed on the "website" daily and now have reached out to the seller information on PayPal. Shocker - no response. No update on status of my purchase, no shipping information. I have decided since it appears to not have shipped (or done anything) I would reach out just asking for a refund (from them). That would be great if you could get anyone. If this was real or legit I guess. Seems that it's NOT. I just simply shopped from a link my niece sent me. I should have been smarter. I see some of you have shopped from sites named different things. Just to be clear the site we were shopping from was: livebybi so - if you see that pop up and haven't experienced any issues with that one, don't use it either. It's the same crap many of you have dealt with too - just a different name. Now I have put in a complaint with PayPal and escalated it. I guess we just wait to see if they think it's worth us getting our money back now? or if these scammers deserve OUR money more? Has anyone had a resolve of their money yet? Better luck next time everyone. This is so ridiculous that people can get away with this .. this many times .. how does this happen and no one catches it and stops allowing the transactions?

Login to Me Too
Solved

DeParis75016
Contributor
Contributor
[update] After my purchase date in Dec 10 2019, I opened a dispute on the 11th on PayPal, and shared my experience here. But also on the same day I contacted my bank. My bank said to listen what PayPal says, and try to figure it out with them. First, PayPal asked me to wait until 17th which was considered as the due delivery date (?) - the thing is there was no delivery date in my case since I haven’t never had the shipping notice from anybody - so yesterday I called PayPal (Dec 18th) and explained again what happened. They (PayPal) said now we could escalate the case and asked me “again” to wait until Dec 28th just in case the seller provide information about the shipment of my purchase - once again I have received no notification about the shipment except one confirmation of order by Shopify - After what they said I hung up the phone, and started thinking about all this happening. But what if that scammer provide a fake tracking number or a real tracking number of a fake object, like the case of other people here, would PayPal tell me to wait more than until 28th ? When I get back my money while it is so obvious that seller is a fraudulent? In France (whether it is by credit card or debit - its all same bank card) we just go to police and report, then go back to the bank. They refund right away the exact same amount of money. It is written by the law. Here in US, it seems it’s more complicated. With the difference between credit and debit, and the relationship between PayPal and Bank policy. However we must know that the bank is our side. Because simply one of the main roles of a bank is to keep safe our cash. (I trust my bank for that) Anyway, after all this thought I felt a bit unfair that “only now” PayPal starts investigating, while the whole website has gone. I had taken some screenshots during the purchase (one of my habits) so I figured it out by myself and sharing with you guys I also felt like paypal was slow and they tried to give another chance to seller by delaying the dispute process timeline. So I called my bank again, explained everything including my thought. Right away my bank “reversal credited” the exact amount of money. It means they can take it back any moment if the investigation goes that you are lying or wrong. From now on, my bank and PayPal investigate together about this transaction. PacyPal also said that your bank had the power about the ultimate decision regarding investigation. En récapitulatif: I reported asap my bank (bank didn’t do any action and friendly asked me to work with PayPal first). I opened a dispute on PayPal and shared my experience on this community. After 7 days I contacted PayPal and they escalate my case and they are now on investigation. Meanwhile they asked me to wait 10 more days. I called my bank and received a reversal credit. Now my bank and PayPal are working (or must work) together on this case. I am highlighting here, the dispute is not resolved neither with PayPal nor bank. However I got my money back (temporarily and eventually permanently with the further investigation) I really want PayPal to examine in depth before authorizing seller into their system. The similitudes between all the top topics discussed on this PayPal community - the seller’s name ending by Network Technology Co.,Ltd. while they sell clothing or other living objects.
Login to Me Too

DeParis75016
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal sent me an email with the message as follows-We reviewed the information regarding your case(s) and have decided in your favor.- I hope my updated information regarding this case shared above is helpful to your cases as well. I wish you the best luck, and let’s work together to put down these crazy scammers. Happy holidays.
Login to Me Too

RonWootenJr

You are lucky because Pay Pal denied my dispute.  What is it going to take to get them to stop doing business with these terrible people?

Login to Me Too

Juicey225
I still haven’t received my dress and I ordered dec 3, 2019
Login to Me Too

dug23

Add me to the list of scammed shoppers.  I ordered a pair of shoes from misssit.onshopbase.com which now looks to be shut down.  Payment was processed to SHMH Network Technology Co.  I sent emails to seller, with not response.  I decided to Google this company and found this discussion here.  Today I initiated a claim with paypal and right now the claim says seller is expected to respond by Jan. 2.  Will wait and see what happens

Login to Me Too

Jcstevens2168
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happen to me. Ordered two dresses dec 18 and never received them put in a dispute with pay pal and the next day got a package from China with a pair of fake leather six 00 pants and a sweater. And because they told pay pal there was a tracking number of a package which was not what I ordered they denied my refund. This is a scam site under many different names
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.