SHMH Network Technology Co., Ltd. FRAUDULENT TRANSACTION

DeParis75016
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I want to share my experience I bought a dress on a website fashionluyao dot com Because only they had the dress that I had been looking for, for the New Year’s Eve. After paying 554 dollars, I feel something weird. By reading word by word their policy, I realize they have another email address about refund. So I google the address of that email add by typing only the website part, after @, which is livebyb. So this is another website for clothing, and has 98% same policy with same phrases. So it’s clearly copy-pasted website. (Ref. From website - Late or missing refunds (if applicable) If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again. Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted. Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted. If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at [...]. Please contact our Customer service at [...] to get the returned address.) Of course, I called many times to talk about my order with somebody with the number they share on the website. However very scary man voice appears in between voice mail intro. I sent twice of emails to fashionluyao, and once to the seller’s email address which is shown on my paypal transaction detail. Before they disappear, I would like to let proofs here about these weird companies which are both owned by SHMH Network Technology Co., Ltd. ** According to the website which scan if the url is to avoid, the server of fashionluy** is located near Toronto, in Canada and this domain has been created 11/29/2019. That is very recent. After some research, it seems exactly same as Xi' an Orderplus Network Technology Co., Ltd I called them, I wrote them. Nobody answered. And my money’s gone. Please let me dispute my transaction and have my money back, PayPal.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DeParis75016
Contributor
Contributor
[update] After my purchase date in Dec 10 2019, I opened a dispute on the 11th on PayPal, and shared my experience here. But also on the same day I contacted my bank. My bank said to listen what PayPal says, and try to figure it out with them. First, PayPal asked me to wait until 17th which was considered as the due delivery date (?) - the thing is there was no delivery date in my case since I haven’t never had the shipping notice from anybody - so yesterday I called PayPal (Dec 18th) and explained again what happened. They (PayPal) said now we could escalate the case and asked me “again” to wait until Dec 28th just in case the seller provide information about the shipment of my purchase - once again I have received no notification about the shipment except one confirmation of order by Shopify - After what they said I hung up the phone, and started thinking about all this happening. But what if that scammer provide a fake tracking number or a real tracking number of a fake object, like the case of other people here, would PayPal tell me to wait more than until 28th ? When I get back my money while it is so obvious that seller is a fraudulent? In France (whether it is by credit card or debit - its all same bank card) we just go to police and report, then go back to the bank. They refund right away the exact same amount of money. It is written by the law. Here in US, it seems it’s more complicated. With the difference between credit and debit, and the relationship between PayPal and Bank policy. However we must know that the bank is our side. Because simply one of the main roles of a bank is to keep safe our cash. (I trust my bank for that) Anyway, after all this thought I felt a bit unfair that “only now” PayPal starts investigating, while the whole website has gone. I had taken some screenshots during the purchase (one of my habits) so I figured it out by myself and sharing with you guys I also felt like paypal was slow and they tried to give another chance to seller by delaying the dispute process timeline. So I called my bank again, explained everything including my thought. Right away my bank “reversal credited” the exact amount of money. It means they can take it back any moment if the investigation goes that you are lying or wrong. From now on, my bank and PayPal investigate together about this transaction. PacyPal also said that your bank had the power about the ultimate decision regarding investigation. En récapitulatif: I reported asap my bank (bank didn’t do any action and friendly asked me to work with PayPal first). I opened a dispute on PayPal and shared my experience on this community. After 7 days I contacted PayPal and they escalate my case and they are now on investigation. Meanwhile they asked me to wait 10 more days. I called my bank and received a reversal credit. Now my bank and PayPal are working (or must work) together on this case. I am highlighting here, the dispute is not resolved neither with PayPal nor bank. However I got my money back (temporarily and eventually permanently with the further investigation) I really want PayPal to examine in depth before authorizing seller into their system. The similitudes between all the top topics discussed on this PayPal community - the seller’s name ending by Network Technology Co.,Ltd. while they sell clothing or other living objects.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
75 REPLIES 75

Aliapplesauce
Contributor
Contributor

I had almost the same exact issue. Bought items from a clothing store sissylooks... seemed like a legit Shopify account w/ “free people” clothes at half the price. I went for it considering I also have a Shopify account and trusted that Shopify and PayPal would protect me in the case of fraud. However, not the case. I quickly realized the company to be shady when I messaged them to cancel an order while the transaction was still pending on both my paypal account and bank account. I received no response, only a message from google reporting “undelivered.” I then tried calling the company phone number listed on the website MANY times and that too seemed fake considering no one answered. In my dismay, I log into my bank account and notice the charge had completed listing it as “Shang hai Miao Hong wang lu” wtf! I am beyond frustrated! The website ( sissylooks ) states their address is 425 ,<removed>... phone numbe[Removed. Phone #s not permitted].. email is <removed>. I disputed the charge w/ PayPal and they denied my claim!!! This website is obviously fraudulent and most definitely ripping many PayPal customers off. I did my due diligence to research the company after I made the mistake.... but to my disbelief, PayPal obviously hasn’t investigated at all before denying my claim. Otherwise, you’d think they would put an end to allowing their services on such a fraudulent website. I’m ashamed and reconsidering using paypal at all in the future!!!

Login to Me Too

DeParis75016
Contributor
Contributor
I totally feel you. And YES ! It was powered by SHOPIFY !!!! I can’t believe those scammers are so active in US !! They play with our money like marionette ! I can’t believe i got scammed. I feel ashamed for myself. However, I think it’s also very problematic that PayPal authorize those business first, being blind and make us blind by trusting them, then staying blind face to the result ! This happening during the holiday season make us so crazy and dizzy. I think I am going to throw up.
Login to Me Too

Aliapplesauce
Contributor
Contributor
Indeed! I’m humiliated. However, embarrassed to have trusted PayPal w/ my money. A huge company as such w/ so many promises to protect the customer from fraud yet seem to back down from any responsibility. Allowing their platform to be accessed and used by such 3rd parties w/out having any legit rules for such companies such as ... full disclosure and communication! They should have never approved such transaction until doing their responsibility of ensuring the customer! Ugh, it’s baffling. I will fight this to the end! I hope you get we both get our money back. And if not, I promise to do all that I can to get these big companies that lie to us and cheat us of our hard earned money, shut down! Just because PayPal is a huge bank for the consumer, doesn’t mean that they will follow their commitment to us... it’s up to us to make that happen! Wish you well, happy holidays!
Login to Me Too

DeParis75016
Contributor
Contributor
Now that website Fashionluyao is gone. With my money.
Login to Me Too

Lewis2019
Contributor
Contributor
I just received a dress that is not the same I just completed a dispute. The website is gone. Hopefully i will get a refund.
Login to Me Too

DeParis75016
Contributor
Contributor
Yes that website is vanished. And on my bank account’s category, it’s marked as BILLS/UTILITIES !! Hallucinating.
Login to Me Too

Lewis2019
Contributor
Contributor
Update PayPal resolved my issue by refunding my money. My case is solved. Never again will I trust anything coming from weird websites or overseas express etc.
Login to Me Too

mpeetz
Contributor
Contributor

How did you get your money back? PayPal denied my claim. This is so frustrating clear there are dozens of us who have been cheated. 

Login to Me Too

Pia46
Contributor
Contributor

I contacted PayPal through the dispute center and reported that the item was not received. A notice went to the seller and I was told that I could escalate a claim after waiting 5 days. I escalated and they contacted the seller and gave them 10 days to respond to PayPal (I included screen shots of my attempts to email the seller prior to contacting PayPal). The seller did not respond within the 10 day timeframe and I received notice from PayPal that it was decided in my favor and a refund was made to my credit card. I am now waiting to see if SHMH contacts me with a return label for the FAKE shoes that they sent. If they do not pay return postage, I will just donate the shoes. My granddaughter is pretty spoiled and would not wear fake Nike shoes. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.