SEO(SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMISATION) SERVICES

Steve2021
New Community Member

Hi there,

Greetings !!

I have few clarifications which are extremely important for me to know since this will help all who are related with the digital marketing industry.

One of my clients asked me in July 2019 to optimise his website with 10 keywords/key phrases so that they appear on the 1st page of Google UK within 6 months time. Now, my client had asked me to refund an amount of GBP 5 per non-ranking keyword per month after 6 months. That means, suppose only 6 keywords rank on the 1st page of Google UK after 6 months, I have to refund money for only 4 non-ranking/non-performing keywords. 

After paying me for 5 months(July-November), the client stopped paying for the 6th month (December) mentioning that he will keep the money on hold and will pay me once the non-performing keywords come on the 1st page of Google. And I completely agreed to that.

But to my utter surprise, the client changed all the login credentials for the website wp-admin and the Google My Business account. I requested the client to share the login details so that we can keep working on the site for betterment of the non-performing keywords. But the client never replied back.

All of a sudden, one fine morning I found that the client has asked for a refund for all the money he has paid in last 5 months and as a result of which PayPal has blocked my account showing a negative balance.

I contacted the client over phone and he told me that the rankings for all the keywords have fallen and they are back to their previous positions as they were in July. I told my client that since we are barred access to the site from 2nd of December and all login details have been changed, how come anyone can do some mischiefs so that the ranking of keywords fall ? Is it a joke or what ? The client was not ready to accept this and he said he want back the entire money. 

I have submitted all details and screenshots of the site's performance generated by authentic seo tools which clearly proves how much work has been done by us and the site's excellent performance.

But unfortunately PayPal closed the case in client's favour. PayPal should have consulted with any SEO expert just to verify who is right or wrong. But they closed the case in favour of the client who is totally unjustified in his claims and doing this out of dishonesty.

Kindly look into this matter and suggest me what best can be done to establish my claim. In fact, after our hard work for last 5 months, how can PayPal be so much biased and make us to face a loss ?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Steve2021,

I'm sorry to hear that the case was found in the buyer's favor. In situations where a buyer claims that a service or digital good is not as described, PayPal will adjudicate as best we can based on the information we have, but Seller Protection is not present. You can appeal if you believe that there was a mistake in the review of the case.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.