SELLER HAS SENT ONLY PART OF ORDER (TOOL BAG) AND NOT THE GARDEN KNEELER

martyg1922
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, just wanted to know if any one else has suffered this frustraton. I ordered two garden kneelers (and free pvc tool bag) from a seller in china. I purchased them using paypal confident that I am covered by the paypal buyer protection. The buyer gave tracking info and sure enough I received a very strangely a small package with that tracking number. I opened it and all that was in the package were to two cheap pvc tool bags which you hang over the kneelers. I have kept the packaging as evidnce of the size of the item received. I set up a dispute via paypal and eventually after two extentions of the estimated resolution date I received advise that the seller if willing to give a full refund if I return the item to them at my expense. This looks like a common practise by Chinese scammers as they know sending anything back to china by recorded means is expensive. Surely paypal should side with me and advise the seller that they have to send the balance of the order to me and send evidence of the tracking number?  If I do return them,  as paypal have stated the seller has advised they will refund (and not paypal) am I just wasting further money? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Blackwelly
New Community Member

Exactly the same, when I raised a dispute, Supplier was able to prove delivery (what arrived was the small tool pouch) - the Kneeler has never arrived, and because  the dispute is now closed in favour of the Chinese Supplier, I cannot raised another dispute, advise Paypal of the fraud, nor speak to anyone at Paypal.  Am always merely sent on a circle of pre-arranged pages that lead back to the same point!  I am frustrated, cross and OUT OF POCKET with Paypal being extremely unhelpful!  Why can’t they provide a person to discuss this with.

Login to Me Too

martyg1922
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for responding. What makes me angry is that if paypal are receiving several disputes from the same seller surely they can change their stance.  I would be willing to accept a partial refund on what was sent. The package shows a USD8.00 value fee for the item. So it can clearly be calulated what the difference is. Paypal should then approach the seller with that suggestion - if the seller refuses then paypal can advise that they are not happy with the sellers ethics and take the paypal payment system away from them. It was an impressive site with paypal built in. Even if I dont get my money back at least paypal are not effectively continuing to be acting in "collaboration" with the scammer. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.