SE Bike Scam

hwoodp
New Community Member

Hi,

I sent money via PayPal to purchase my son's Christmas present, an SE bike.  It turns out, the company is a fraud.  It copied the the real website's content and created another similar looking website.  I filed a complaint and PayPal says I have to deal with the seller.  The seller doesn't answer emails and it's been a month.  Nothing has been delivered and I doubt anything ever will be.  The seller now shows as [Chinese Characters].  PayPal has closed my case, and I can't reopen it.  Any suggestions?  I'm out $100!  

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hwoodp 

Did you file a dispute for non receipt of item? If so strange you didn't get a refund if the seller didn't provide any tracking number?

Or did you file unauthorised in which case........

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction.

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
They may decline citing policies but if you say you made a mistake then they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Odonaldlisa
Contributor
Contributor
I am in the same boat w/ the fake SEBike scam sent payment thru my credit card to ferratedcofjzi e-mail. Through paypal and figured it was safe no less than a week from x-mad and I’m **bleep**. My son won’t get a bike this year and I’m not sure if or where to go from here! Any advice?
Login to Me Too

Mbattags
New Community Member
I did the same for my son. I was so excited to see 75% off these bikes! When I received a confirmation email I knew something was wrong. I immediately placed a dispute and spoke to a representative asking not to process my payment. No bike and No refund. Even after contacting PayPal and emailing the seller. I’m extremely upset.
Login to Me Too

Dapease65
New Community Member

Yes, me too.... I saw the red flags but wanted to believe that it was real. I mean they had an address and a support number. But then all the reveiws were four stars and you couldn't check them. Plus if you clicked on any of the apps at the bottem of the page it would send your to your own account with those apps. I ordered two bikes from them and they sent something to me but it never got to me but they said it was delivered. I tracked the package and it disappeared somewhere down my street. Not to mention that the package sent only weighed 13lbs and the bike weighed over 80lbs. My loss was two fold and worse becasue I asked friends to order the bikes for me with thier debit cards. I gave them my money and they ordered them for me. Paypal continues to let these ripoffs rip us off because they keep processing the ordered for them. I cannot ask my friends to put in disputes for me. I have receipts for the orders but Paypal says it has to be from the original purchaser. Anyway here it is almost four months and these jerks are still online. I wonder how many people they have **bleep** so far? There are only two people who know that number; One is the fake website and the other is Paypal!!! They process the order and launder the money to china.... good luck to all boycot SEBIKESSHOP.COM and thier co-criminals PAYPAL!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.