SCAMMED- PayPal relies on Shipment Tracking# but they don't about where the package got delivered

pkgofgkp
Contributor
Contributor

I bought something from a website and paid via Paypal. I never received the shipment - sounds too common ??

Later the someone (not the original website) updates an UPS shipment tracking # in Paypal (remember this never happens when you buy stuff online).

Anyway.. I waited for the shipment to deliver.. and yet nothing was delivered to me but UPS tracking system said that it did get delivered.

I raised a dispute with Paypal and Paypal denied it because they contacted Seller and got an update that Shipment was  delivered. 

Paypal did not care to contact me and here my story.

Also why did Paypal did not check with UPS the address where the shipment was delivered ?????

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

klgwinn

Same issue here.  The tracking info was bogus.  Never received my merchandise.  My case was closed by PayPal even though I responded that I had not received it.  Can't go in and talk to a representative or issue a dispute again.  It says that there is an error on PayPal's side.  Been on the Message Center for over 24 hours and no one has responded.  This is BEYOND ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

pkgofgkp
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly!! PayPal can do much better than this.

I heard from UPS folks that this has been happening way to often with Paypal.

There should have been a change of policy by now. Its easy to validate shipping address.

Login to Me Too

sammyhart
Contributor
Contributor

I got a tracking number that was delivered to my city but not to me, It was delivered 2 days before i placed the order, Paypal closed the case said item delivered

Login to Me Too

Jeff_Savoie
Contributor
Contributor

Part of the responsibility of this issue lies with UPS... because when you enter a tracking number for an item that has been delivered on the UPS tracking site/page it only lists the city it was delivered to, not the complete address.
Because we may be dealing with PayPal agents that are either inexperienced and/or overworked these agents aren't doing their due diligence to fully investigate the validity of the tracking information.

Likewise, because so many of these invalid tracking numbers are coming from Amazon I have to wonder how much culpability they share in this?

Login to Me Too

srknapp1975
Contributor
Contributor

Im having the same issue ups says pacjage was delivered friday i call uos amd they say paypal gave me wrong shipping number i. Jist tryi g to fi d the right shipping umber of my package tk see where it is located at . Paypal tell u to go online when u call to talk to an actual human being amd nit a damn computer automated **bleep** amd then hangs up on u **bleep** paypal

Login to Me Too

pkgofgkp
Contributor
Contributor

Update !! 

I provided required documentation to an agent and he confirmed me that thats all they were looking for and now its very clear and the case should be approved in my favor.. and days later Paypal AGAIN DENIED THE CASE stating that the Seller sent the tracking number!!

Whats F***ing wrong with Paypal. I had a written proof from UPS that the particular tracking number was not for me.

PAYPAL: You have to fix this for me and other buyers

Login to Me Too

pkgofgkp
Contributor
Contributor

I was able to speak to Paypal agent on phone and expressed my frustration.

The agent looked into the case and informed me that he contacted the shipping company (UPS) and found out that the shipment was for another city (instead of where I live) and that's why Paypal will re-open the case and settle it in my favor.. Great !!

But the BIG QUESTION is: What if the shipment tracking number was for my city but not for my address !!

Paypal still did not make any attempt to fix the the gaping loop-hole which is causing so many unhappy customers !! The simple solution is to contact UPS and get the exact shipping address and match it to the one used while purchasing from the Fake website. Its an easy fix !!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.