SCAMMED BY WMMART AND PAYPAL

mattducas
New Community Member

Hello

I was scammed by wwmart.com which as i found later, is a notorious seller of fake goods, or simply doesn't send items at all.

I received an item nothing like it was advertised. I did all the right things, contacted the seller, raised an ebay case, provided a fair request for refund.

The seller insulted me with petty things like offering a refund of literally 5% of the value, and this was documented in the paypal case notes.

Some 2 months went by, and today after it sat with ebay escelation for over a month, i got an email saying "i didn't provide evidence", and case closed. Despite clearly providing evidence, i never was 'asked' for anything more. It just sat with paypal for a month or more with no activity.

I am fleeced out of $70.

Let this be a warning to you, do not buy from wmmart.com  , read reviews on google of this notorious site. And, beware, paypal is not what it used to be, despite clearly being scammed of my money, paypal appear not to give a stuff. Just type wmmart reviews into google if you don't believe me.

Not asking for help, more of a warning i guess. Paypal used to be a great site, now it's just trash if they are promoting and enabling clearly scamming sites. As for buying clothes from websites in China, this will be the last time i ever do that again.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Susan115
Contributor
Contributor
This also happened to me but with a different seller. They didnt send the item i ordered they sent me a giant elastic band! And because I received something! Paypal wouldnt issue a refund unless i posted it back! As far as I concerned paypal are now as bad as the scammers they allow to use their platform to scam the customers! Paypal are not the company they once were.
Login to Me Too

LaMimi1
New Community Member
I’m so mad!😠😡. After getting package three weeks later and then discovering that the items are not as advertised, I contacted wmmart and I also contacted PayPal telling them they are scam and disputed the charge. PayPal closed the case and I’m out $84 dollars. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!! They are a scam!! I will also close my account with PayPal for not fighting for case. From the reviews and comments I see that PayPal is aware of the scam with this website and have not done the right thing to protect their customers. I would advise you to close your account with PayPal too and contact the BBB to report website.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.