In my case, I purchased a BRAND NEW phone. But I got a defective phone that took several weeks to die down completely.
I followed up by making a 180 Days Purchase Protection claim accordingly. I was made to wait just to find out my claim has been deleted even though the seller never challenge the claim.
I further made at least another 6 claims. Every single claim was recorded and then deleted the very next day without any valid reason. I eventually found out from public forum that PayPal.com never honor 180 Days Purchase Protection due to some sellers threatened to boycott them.
I reported the scam to the authorities to punish PayPal.com from defrauding the public any further.
- Federal Trade Commission https://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-protection/submit-consumer-complaint-ftc
- FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
- econsumer.gov - Report international scams online! https://www.econsumer.gov/
- Report Scams and Frauds | USAGov https://www.usa.gov/stop-scams-frauds
- File a Scam - Better Business Bureau https://bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started
- More regulators and public forum etc.
I have demanded PayPal.com be charged criminally for the premeditated fraud.