SCAM

cal007
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone heard of this company concerning scamming - Precious Frimpong Ansah

My sister sold items on Gumtree and a lady said she'd have them via paypal, (mine) didn't want to see them, was in wheelchair

She also said she had found a removal company, the name above and was popping 300 in for them for me to send via a bank transfer. She said she had put money in.  No money in. Then I got an email saying I had to send the 300 before I received funds as they were being held securely. 

This is obviously very suspicious. I looked up precious Frimpong Ansah and it doesn't exist as a removal firm.

My sister and I blocked her but before my sister did, she got an email from her saying she was reporting us to the police!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cal007 

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment, no funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

They don't quibble on cost and may also say they can't view the item as they are disabled or working abroad etc etc but they will arrange a shipping agent to collect it.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

The 'fake' paypal email will tell you that the buyer has paid for the item + shipping costs but you must send those shipping costs to the courier/ shipping agent via anther payment processor than Paypal OR via providing some vouchers or tokens BEFORE the funds are released to you.
They are not interested in the item, they just want that couriers/shipping funds and you will never see money in your paypal balance.

They also 'sometimes' threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Once you have become a victim they may try again with more fake Paypal emails with other 'reasons' that you must send them a payment for custom fees etc.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service eg Moneygram or Western Union etc.
Also their is no seller protection on paypal for any type of or item that is collected by the buyer.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cal007 

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment, no funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

They don't quibble on cost and may also say they can't view the item as they are disabled or working abroad etc etc but they will arrange a shipping agent to collect it.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

The 'fake' paypal email will tell you that the buyer has paid for the item + shipping costs but you must send those shipping costs to the courier/ shipping agent via anther payment processor than Paypal OR via providing some vouchers or tokens BEFORE the funds are released to you.
They are not interested in the item, they just want that couriers/shipping funds and you will never see money in your paypal balance.

They also 'sometimes' threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Once you have become a victim they may try again with more fake Paypal emails with other 'reasons' that you must send them a payment for custom fees etc.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service eg Moneygram or Western Union etc.
Also their is no seller protection on paypal for any type of or item that is collected by the buyer.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

wolf54
Contributor
Contributor

there is no payment protecion from paypal if you open cases against companys and report to paypal they say there reviweing it there not they do nothing but if my case if your buying things that are uk companys but are not there is companys ware houses in china that companys are useing so it looks like your buying in the uk your not and paypal do nothing about it.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wolf54 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jlb68
New Community Member
I’ve had exactly this experience with ceridress.com. Transaction shows as KUNXUN. Filed a dispute with PayPal for items not as described. PayPal contacted KUNXUN and denied my case. I don’t know how PayPal would be able to verify the quality of the material of clothing items without seeing them. Their decision solely based on contact with KUNXUN. Not to mention they did not take into consideration what I told them about the terrible customer service and inability to return items easily as described on the Ceridress website. Terrible! Will not do business with PayPal again.
Login to Me Too

wolf54
Contributor
Contributor

as paypal get 3% from the seller companys they get payed so there not bothered i was a union shop stawared so when i phoned them up i pointed out there own rules so they closed my account for makeing claims against companys that are operating under proxys.

Login to Me Too

wolf54
Contributor
Contributor

they are utter crap thats why e bay have parted company with paypal and will have there own payment company.

Login to Me Too

rubenbgz
Contributor
Contributor

This is part of the chat I had. I don't know what else to do. PayPal Virtual Agent11:07 AM Hi! I'm PayPal's Virtual Agent. I can help with common questions like "what's the status of my dispute" or "I want a refund". If I can't help, I'll transfer your message to an agent. Ruben <removed> 11:08 AM I want a refund PayPal Virtual Agent11:08 AM Need help with refunds? I can help with checking the status of a refund, requesting a refund or issuing a refund. Click an option below to get started. Ruben <removed>11:08 AM Request a refund PayPal Virtual Agent11:08 AM Usually the quickest way to request a refund is to contact the merchant or recipient. If that doesn't work out, a formal dispute can be filed to contact the merchant or recipient through PayPal. It looks like you want to file a dispute is that correct? Ruben <removed>11:08 AM Yes PayPal Virtual Agent11:08 AM What type of issue would you like to report Item Not Received – You bought something but didn’t receive it. Significantly Not as Described – You received an item but it was significantly different from the seller’s original description. Unauthorized Activity - Report transactions you didn't authorize. Ruben <removed>11:08 AM Significantly Not as Described PayPal Virtual Agent11:08 AM Great! Let's get started with filing a dispute. Please select the transaction you'd like to dispute from the list below? Ruben <removed>11:08 AM Transaction ID: 12532789E4697271Y Amount: $ 42.98 Date: NOV 07, 2019 PayPal Virtual Agent11:08 AM Looks like you've already filed a dispute for this transaction. To view your dispute please visit our Resolution Center. Thank you for contacting PayPal. Have a nice day! Ruben <removed>11:09 AM Live agent PayPal Virtual Agent11:09 AM I'm sorry, something stopped me from getting your information. Please contact us or try again later. Please send us a detailed message below and an agent will respond to your message within a few hours. You can close the window and come back to it when it’s convenient for you. When we respond, we’ll send you a notification with a link to the Message Center where you can reply. Ruben <removed>11:14 AM The Company sent the wrong product and Misguided information and advertising. I purchased a screen for my laptop and I got something totally different. A product that does not even worth 10 dollars. I sent them an email and they said they want me to ship them back to China. What for? So, you can scam more people with this product? I have it as evidence. I am ready to throw this to the garbage. That's how bad is what they sent to me. I will sent you all emails, pictures and social media comments until I get my money and this conpany gets shutdown. Worst case is Paypal wants me to ship this product back to them for 30 dollars, so I can get 5 dollars back. Are you insane? What kind of company allows scammers to get away with that? I will cancel my account with Paypal until you guys figure it out how to stop scammers from getting people's money. Specially close to the holidays. This is my second submission for this claim. Paypal already approved the first one and is the same company. It comes from the same address. The same address Paypal wants me to ship this product to. Again, I will keep submitting all the evidence I have until you figure it out how to stop it. I am including my phone number and my info, you can call me anytime. I am Active duty military and I don't have time to deal with this but if it helps protect other people from getting scam I will. Respectfully Ruben <removed> Active Duty Military USN

Login to Me Too

xcorporation
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal has been reported to various authorities for premeditated fraud.  

- Federal Trade Commission https://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-protection/submit-consumer-complaint-ftc
- FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
- econsumer.gov - Report international scams online! https://www.econsumer.gov/
- Report Scams and Frauds | USAGov https://www.usa.gov/stop-scams-frauds
- File a Scam - Better Business Bureau https://bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started
- More regulators and public forum etc.

=========================

PayPal.com has been defrauding the public with false advertising - PAYPAL 180 DAYS PURCHASE PROTECTION - https://www.paypal.com/ca/business/security/seller-protection, and upon investigation, it's concluded this is a premeditated scam PayPal.com will never honor.

In my case, I purchased a BRAND NEW phone. But I got a defective phone that took several weeks to die down completely.

I followed up by making a 180 Days Purchase Protection claim accordingly. I was made to wait just to find out my claim has been deleted even though the seller never challenge the claim.

I further made at least another 6 claims. Every single claim was recorded and then deleted the very next day without any valid reason. I eventually found out from public forum that PayPal.com never honor 180 Days Purchase Protection due to some sellers threatened to boycott them.

I reported the scam to the authorities to punish PayPal.com from defrauding the public any further.

I have demanded PayPal.com be charged criminally for the premeditated fraud.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@xcorporation 

Yet again you do not appear to have any concept of a LEGALLY AGREED user agreement LEGALLY AGREED in EVERY COUNTRY THAT PAYPAL PROVIDES SERVICES IN.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.