SCAM - smartwatch

Bruno1001
Contributor
Contributor
I filed a complaint this week, Case ID: PP-007-260-413-721. The case is open and has been decided in my favor, except that in order to have my reimbursement, I need to send the product back. Detail: The "seller" I only discovered after, resides in China! LIN JINRONG. I will not pay the shipping costs! It is very infeasible. I bought a watch for a website whose name was Nancy Store, now it is redirected to another called Encounter Store. They advertise a type of watch that costs almost $ 200.00 and the product that arrives is equivalent to a bad watch of the Ali Express of R $ 50.00. The person who is cheating is using your system to do these tricks! I demand a solution for the case, I will complain in every possible way and I will not send back this crap watch to have my reimbursement, only the cost of shipping should be more expensive than this "clock". 
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bruno1001

Paypal buyer protection can never be a 100% coverall, so you need to read up on it so you can risk assess your purchases.

In the event of a dispute you nearly always have to return the item back to the seller so you bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated the 'return shipping on us' option before the transaction IF available in your country?

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bruno1001
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is not 100% guilty of this, but I think you should investigate and exclude this type of "vendor" like LIN JINRONG, so you can not make any kind of transaction, because whether or not the paypal is compacting with the coup!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bruno1001

Well I don't investigate anything as I have nothing to do with Paypal.

This is a 'user to user' advice forum and not Paypal customer services.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ttfmartin
New Community Member

This company has been reported to PayPal as a scam hundreds if not thousands of times though. PayPal KNOWS they are scammers. Why would they continue to be their "money launderer", because that is essentially what they are doing by allowing a known scammer to continue to take money from their customers by way of a PayPal transaction? PayPal has a duty to their customer to remove known scammers to protect them. It sounds like a bunch of people, including myself, because I bought these same watches, need to start a class action lawsuit against PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.