SCAM / PAYPAL SECURITY ISSUE /FRAUD

Jack2110
Contributor
Contributor

Hey!!

I wonder if anyone had same nightmare that I had!!!!

I purchased a laptop over ebay spend more than £1550 , Seller sent me an email “Stating that he will cancel order and wont send the laptop” So he canceled order and proceed Paypal cheque refund which I thought its odd.(Why Cheque)

I called PayPal many times they promised me that I will have refund but we have to wait cheque to be cleared.

After 2 weeks seller canceled refund and seems provided a tracking number from Royal mail stating that he sent the item.

I claimed depute and LOST it as and the reason is Seller provided some Tracking number.

I been calling PayPal past 2 weeks and they don’t care despite all evidences indicate I been scammed.

Now What is Security whole in Paypal System!!!

1: Despite Seller email me regarding canceling order and Paypal also have cancellation request in their system yet they don’t care Because PayPal seller Protraction only want PROVIDE VALID RECEIPT! They don’t ask you any other question.

2: Seller Provided a Tracking number however We can not verify if he sent correct address or name only indicate Local depot , Only person legally can claim missing item is Seller and he doesn't replay me and Paypal doesn`t request from Seller as long as tracking number shows LOCAL DEPOT it is enough!!!

So in this case you can sell anything trough online and send some random local address of buyer (Doesn't matter what you send ) as long as you have Tracking number saying delivered PAYPAL WONT QUESTION YOU and you can keep the money.

I was shocked how PayPal can have such as Security issue and allow people Scam without even asking any question to SCAMER and giving  decision only based on a TRACKIG NUMBER without INVESTIGATION.

Result I lost 1550 for nothing in-fact I waste my time for 2 weeks staying on the phone.

So Don’t Think just because you use PayPal service you are secure!!!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.