SCAM, Fraud, Never Received Merchandise, Opened Dispute then Junk was Sent

StLouEm
New Community Member

I use Paypal regularly and have never had a major issue.  In September, I ordered two separate queen-sized quilts from the same company, Cong Ty Tnhh Bgholding, for approximately $60.00 each.  They were advertised on Facebook.  One was a bright sea turtle print and one was an Americana star quilt.  When the quilts did not arrive two months later, I contacted the company via Paypal two times within two weeks.  The company did not respond.  I opened a dispute via Paypal and the company still did not respond to me but they told Paypal they provided Paypal a tracking number that said the product was "shipped".  There is no evidence of that product actually being DELIVERED to me.  Interestingly enough, on the same day that my Paypal case was ruled in Cong Ty Tnhh Bgholding's favor (because they provided a legitimate tracking number for shipment), I received a 9x12 office mail-envelop package that contained an extremely poor quality dirty-grey "quilt" with skeletons on it and it was NOTHING that I ordered.  It was roughly two thin polyester throw-size sheets with zig-zag machine-stitching running through them.  It is TRASH and not even fit as a moving blanket.   There was no company name on the return address and no explanation or packing slip with the item inside.  I have been scammed by this company and so has Paypal.  And I am SURE I am not the only one.  Paypal's reputation is on the line and I am out $124.00 dollars.  Because I escalated the Paypal dispute to a Paypal case, the case is closed and I lost all that money.  There is no person in Paypal that I can have an actual conversation with to discuss this matter.  I know I cannot be the only one this has happened to!  Has anyone else had a similar issue?? 

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@StLouEm wrote:

I use Paypal regularly and have never had a major issue.  In September, I ordered two separate queen-sized quilts from the same company, Cong Ty Tnhh Bgholding, for approximately $60.00 each.  They were advertised on Facebook.  One was a bright sea turtle print and one was an Americana star quilt.  When the quilts did not arrive two months later, I contacted the company via Paypal two times within two weeks.  The company did not respond.  I opened a dispute via Paypal and the company still did not respond to me but they told Paypal they provided Paypal a tracking number that said the product was "shipped".  There is no evidence of that product actually being DELIVERED to me.  Interestingly enough, on the same day that my Paypal case was ruled in Cong Ty Tnhh Bgholding's favor (because they provided a legitimate tracking number for shipment), I received a 9x12 office mail-envelop package that contained an extremely poor quality dirty-grey "quilt" with skeletons on it and it was NOTHING that I ordered.  It was roughly two thin polyester throw-size sheets with zig-zag machine-stitching running through them.  It is TRASH and not even fit as a moving blanket.   There was no company name on the return address and no explanation or packing slip with the item inside.  I have been scammed by this company and so has Paypal.  And I am SURE I am not the only one.  Paypal's reputation is on the line and I am out $124.00 dollars.  Because I escalated the Paypal dispute to a Paypal case, the case is closed and I lost all that money.  There is no person in Paypal that I can have an actual conversation with to discuss this matter.  I know I cannot be the only one this has happened to!  Has anyone else had a similar issue?? 

Since you are in the US, contact PayPal during business hours, early, west coast time to get a US rep and have them re-open the case and switch the reason to Item Not As Described. If PayPal finds in your favor, you must return the item with tracking for refund, then request return costs reimbursed ( up to $30 USD.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

style22
New Community Member

Me tooo...Smiley SadSmiley Surprised

Login to Me Too

fhb4165
Contributor
Contributor

I have had the same experience (I'm in Australia). Surely Paypal should respond to this there is a pattern developing. My case was closed yesterday Case ID: PP-D-18292152. I have lost 74.90USD. What can we do next to get our money returned?

Login to Me Too

fhb4165
Contributor
Contributor

Update on my case - I rang Paypal. The person I spoke with was very helpful and listened when I said a mistake had been made. My case was reopened and I have now received a full refund from Paypal. I did tell the person I spoke to that there were a number of us on this discussion list having the same problem with this seller and they should perhaps search the business name (Cong Ty Tnhh Bgholding) to find how many people are complaining about closed cases. I am glad I rang.

Login to Me Too

wmfl1980
Contributor
Contributor

Ordered a king size dragonfly quilt for $74.90USD and haven't received anything, just sent a request for a refund to Paypal, will see how it goes.

Login to Me Too

JITB
Contributor
Contributor

Welcome to the club.  I ordered a UCONN blanket from them and never got it.  I'm trying to dispute the charge but it is getting difficult.

Login to Me Too

Akcoldrunner
New Community Member

I filed a dispute with Paypal when, after 3 months, i received a junk quilt frm BGholding/Hobbilaunch that was definitely not what I ordered.  They agreed to issue a refund if i shipped the quilt back.  International flat rate box would cost $1 less than my $63 refund; not enough to cover the cost to drive to the post office.  I called Paypal to escalate and was told i should contact my credit card company.  I’ve had great luck with Paypal over the years, but has left me extremely unsatisfied.  I’m chalking this up as a learning experience and hoping that Paypal receives enough complaints to finally shut this scammer down.

Login to Me Too

telliott6105
Contributor
Contributor

On Nov 11, I ordered a magnetic toy, never received it. I opened a dispute and the seller answered that they would send it, but I had to close the dispute. So I did. 3 more weeks, I have not received the order from Xianhai Wang. Paypal has closed my dispute case!!! Now what do I do? I really don't have to use Paypal...and I am thinking it is time to stop. This is too much hassel!!!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@telliott6105

If you had to close a dispute to get a refund then what would be the point of having a dispute process in the first place?

You NEVER close a dispute until you have a cleared refund, why would you just close it because the seller told you to do so?

If the seller refunded you then the dispute would close automatically, if they didn't then you escalate to a claim for paypal to sort for you and if you won and the seller didn't refund then paypal would do so under their buyer protection policy.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.