cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCAM, Fraud, Never Received Merchandise, Opened Dispute then Junk was Sent

New Community Member

SCAM, Fraud, Never Received Merchandise, Opened Dispute then Junk was Sent

I use Paypal regularly and have never had a major issue.  In September, I ordered two separate queen-sized quilts from the same company, Cong Ty Tnhh Bgholding, for approximately $60.00 each.  They were advertised on Facebook.  One was a bright sea turtle print and one was an Americana star quilt.  When the quilts did not arrive two months later, I contacted the company via Paypal two times within two weeks.  The company did not respond.  I opened a dispute via Paypal and the company still did not respond to me but they told Paypal they provided Paypal a tracking number that said the product was "shipped".  There is no evidence of that product actually being DELIVERED to me.  Interestingly enough, on the same day that my Paypal case was ruled in Cong Ty Tnhh Bgholding's favor (because they provided a legitimate tracking number for shipment), I received a 9x12 office mail-envelop package that contained an extremely poor quality dirty-grey "quilt" with skeletons on it and it was NOTHING that I ordered.  It was roughly two thin polyester throw-size sheets with zig-zag machine-stitching running through them.  It is TRASH and not even fit as a moving blanket.   There was no company name on the return address and no explanation or packing slip with the item inside.  I have been scammed by this company and so has Paypal.  And I am SURE I am not the only one.  Paypal's reputation is on the line and I am out $124.00 dollars.  Because I escalated the Paypal dispute to a Paypal case, the case is closed and I lost all that money.  There is no person in Paypal that I can have an actual conversation with to discuss this matter.  I know I cannot be the only one this has happened to!  Has anyone else had a similar issue?? 

1 REPLY
Highlighted
Volunteer Advisor

Re: SCAM, Fraud, Never Received Merchandise, Opened Dispute then Junk was Sent

@StLouEm wrote:

I use Paypal regularly and have never had a major issue.  In September, I ordered two separate queen-sized quilts from the same company, Cong Ty Tnhh Bgholding, for approximately $60.00 each.  They were advertised on Facebook.  One was a bright sea turtle print and one was an Americana star quilt.  When the quilts did not arrive two months later, I contacted the company via Paypal two times within two weeks.  The company did not respond.  I opened a dispute via Paypal and the company still did not respond to me but they told Paypal they provided Paypal a tracking number that said the product was "shipped".  There is no evidence of that product actually being DELIVERED to me.  Interestingly enough, on the same day that my Paypal case was ruled in Cong Ty Tnhh Bgholding's favor (because they provided a legitimate tracking number for shipment), I received a 9x12 office mail-envelop package that contained an extremely poor quality dirty-grey "quilt" with skeletons on it and it was NOTHING that I ordered.  It was roughly two thin polyester throw-size sheets with zig-zag machine-stitching running through them.  It is TRASH and not even fit as a moving blanket.   There was no company name on the return address and no explanation or packing slip with the item inside.  I have been scammed by this company and so has Paypal.  And I am SURE I am not the only one.  Paypal's reputation is on the line and I am out $124.00 dollars.  Because I escalated the Paypal dispute to a Paypal case, the case is closed and I lost all that money.  There is no person in Paypal that I can have an actual conversation with to discuss this matter.  I know I cannot be the only one this has happened to!  Has anyone else had a similar issue?? 

Since you are in the US, contact PayPal during business hours, early, west coast time to get a US rep and have them re-open the case and switch the reason to Item Not As Described. If PayPal finds in your favor, you must return the item with tracking for refund, then request return costs reimbursed ( up to $30 USD.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Smiley Happy