Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCAM ALERT

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Community Member

SCAM ALERT

In short I bought 3 masks from a Chinese company. Tracking awful never arrived. Input up a disput. They answered and refunded 10% of the purchase price with a promise of completion of delivery and could I close the case. They sounded very genuine in the email so I gave them the benefit of the doubt. I gave it another 2 weeks. One tracking said in hands of country courrier then a more recent date at Shanghai Airport. Stung. I've since found out once a disput is closed there is NO other course of action. I believe a warning should flash up in the PayPal site stating to never close the dispute until all goods received or full refund given and never close it even when a partial refund is given as a sign of good faith. SCAM all over it!! Apparently this is common PayPal have been approached by government agencies and have ignored it to date. Anyone else had this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Esteemed Advisor

Re: SCAM ALERT

@scottyr 

There is a warning, before you close any dispute it says 'are you sure, once closed can't be opened again'.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Esteemed Advisor

Re: SCAM ALERT

@scottyr 

There is a warning, before you close any dispute it says 'are you sure, once closed can't be opened again'.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post